Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have asked this question on here before but got no responses. I want to transform my XE to as close to an LE as possible. I now I will need to change out all the interior pieces and wiring harness, BCM, etc. but anyone that know the titan inside out and wants to be of some assistance to this project I would really appreciate it. I also want to know what all parts I will need to get the shifter off of the column and into the LE center console.
So guys if you can help me please do thanks, will keep everyone one posted.

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
Ok guys I have asked this question on here before but got no responses. I want to transform my XE to as close to an LE as possible. I now I will need to change out all the interior pieces and wiring harness, BCM, etc. but anyone that know the titan inside out and wants to be of some assistance to this project I would really appreciate it. I also want to know what all parts I will need to get the shifter off of the column and into the LE center console.
So guys if you can help me please do thanks, will keep everyone one posted.
I do not know about converting to a LE, but i have a few parts on my XE from a SE. You do not need the BCM from a LE, all the parts can be wired to work. Some can be bought after market.

Shifter Change: http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61444

Shifter, Center Console, All 4 Sun Visor's with Vanity Mirror/ Lights, Leather Power Front (Captains) and Back Seats, Door Puddle Lights, Leather Steering Wheel w/ Audio Controls, Power Mirrors, Overhead Console w/ Homelink, Fog Lights, Utilitrack, Tailgate Lights, Self Dimming Rear View Mirror w/ Display.
Options: Rear DVD, Navigation, Power Adjustable Pedals, Heated Seats.

LE Specs, Choose your year: http://nissanhelp.com/models/2008/titan_crew_cab/specifications.htm

·
Registered
400 Posts
Gotta admit, I miss my XE seats. I think the bench is more comfortable than the captain chairs. My 2 cents.

·
Creator of the DUMBEST thread ever!
5,411 Posts
At the end of the day it just seems to me to be a monumental waste of money. That is of course unless you plan on keeping the truck forever. Either way more power too you. If you think about it though you will probably come out cheaper stripping your truck down. Selling it and buying another 08 LE.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
hell all i want is power locks and/or windows. how hard is that?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea well I have changed my mind. All i want is to change out the whole radio faceplate with the new one. for now the manual new style a/c control. center console and shifter, and captain chairs, with the truck redone in leather. I also do plan to keep the truck for along time. at future mod would be convert the whole a/c system to automatic with dual climate control. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
i only see from 80s to late 90s pickups. not specific at all. guess i should call them?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Thats where I got my kits from.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
If it was me I would be looking around for a local Titan that is being parted out. And take lots of pictures as you remove items so you know where they go.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have found a local pro-4x that has nothing removed from it yet, I have anything I want.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
dont have that luxury in IN, not many titans on the road. or junk yards.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Changing out the parts is easy since Nissan included all the necessary mounting holes to convert from an XE to an SE/LE. I transformed mine from the column to the floor shifter and added electric power captain chairs and the hardest thing to do was the wiring, I am talking past tense because I had to sell my Titan
It's really not hard at all as long as you can read the wiring diagrams and schematics. I also added the auto dimming mirror along with the overhead temp/compass and homelink on the overhead console. I bought the wiring harnesses from Nissan and spliced and tapped into the necessary wires. I ended up selling the floor console and the power leather captain seats to a good friend of mine here in Vegas before I sold my truck and I did the conversion for him and he was real surprised and really excited and happy. He loves his Titan more now and loves the luxury feeling that the leather seating give it. I have listed my wheels for sale here and if anyone is interested I have the other mods for sale also (auto dimming mirror, SE/LE sun visors, temp/compass with homelink) I will be listing them soon as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.