Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to some friends of mine, and one of them had converted his older 90s F150 from 2WD to a 4x4. We went through some of the parts involved in this conversion, and I was wondering if the parts are even availible to do it to a 2005 Titan, and if anyone here had any idea what the price range would be? While discussing it we decided it'd be a good idea if the whole transmission didn't have to be replaced.

I'm game for doing the labor myself if it's not too out of control, but I was hoping someone here could narrow down the parts needed and a ballpark price.

· Registered
3,299 Posts
I honestly don't think its worth it on late model vehicles with computer, electronic transfer case shifters and IFS. I am pretty sure you would need a new ECU to go along with all the mechanical parts.

The main mechanical parts you would need are transfer case, front driveshaft, front differential, half shafts, and I think spindles from a 4x4 (maybe??). You would also need the switch for the interior, and all necessary wiring, relays, fuses that go along with it.

I wouldn't do it, just my opinion though.

· Registered
1,825 Posts
Good one.....

· Premium Member
6,332 Posts
hiphaupt said:
I was talking to some friends of mine, and one of them had converted his older 90s F150 from 2WD to a 4x4. We went through some of the parts involved in this conversion, and I was wondering if the parts are even availible to do it to a 2005 Titan, and if anyone here had any idea what the price range would be? While discussing it we decided it'd be a good idea if the whole transmission didn't have to be replaced.

I'm game for doing the labor myself if it's not too out of control, but I was hoping someone here could narrow down the parts needed and a ballpark price.
It would probably cost about twice as much to convert it than trading it in on a new 4X4!

· SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
4,115 Posts
scr38 said:
It would probably cost about twice as much to convert it than trading it in on a new 4X4!
I was thinking the exact same thing... lol.

· Registered
1,346 Posts
...plus you would have a full warranty on a new one should anything go wrong. I just don't think it's practical to do it, especially on one so new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.