Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did an Oil change yesterday, and decided to check other fluid levels also. I popped the Radiator cap (cold of course) and noticed I couldn't see any coolant at all, however the overflow bottle is where it should be on the cold mark. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? or should I add some more coolant to the radiator. I'm even thinking of just pulling the drain plug and doing a drain and refill? Any suggestions on what to do or how much I'll need?.
Its been a week since I drove it also!
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
334 Posts
Same thing with me,ignored it ran until heater quit,thought must be valve switch or something,added fluid just ran out.had air pocket cost me radiator and new exaust manifolds.thank the guy at autozone for telling me to burb it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same thing with me,ignored it ran until heater quit,thought must be valve switch or something,added fluid just ran out.had air pocket cost me radiator and new exaust manifolds.thank the guy at autozone for telling me to burb it

Yeah, Im off to get some recalls taken care of, so I intend to ask them to check it out tomorrow. Brake masters did a injection clean the other day said it was the norm with these. We'll see?

·
Registered
334 Posts
while your doing recalls ask them if the rear axle recall is in effect. just kidding but ask anyway and good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
want to warn you here that engine coolant can be very hot if your car has been recently running. You can see that there are warning labels on your radiator cap here so use extreme caution when removing this cap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts