Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

for the last month i have had a rattle underneath my truck but only when in Drive and at Idle. Well finally decided to check it out plus inspect my Suspension Install.

Crawled under and found the muffler cracking in the same places as posted by other JBA owners.

Anyone swap the muffler out with something better??

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Zyaaa said:
Well,

for the last month i have had a rattle underneath my truck but only when in Drive and at Idle. Well finally decided to check it out plus inspect my Suspension Install.

Crawled under and found the muffler cracking in the same places as posted by other JBA owners.

Anyone swap the muffler out with something better??
Do you have any pics? I can hear a little rattle in mine when i slam the door. I thought it was somthing inside rattleing around. i was gunna dump it out and inspect, then face it so the open loures are pointed towards the exit. The muffler rocks only k&n did a crappy weld job. I wanna see where its cracked, ill just weld mine. Jba includes a different style muffler in the kit now i dont really care for

·
Registered
731 Posts
The Maganflow 18" or 22" and the Banks Mufflers are very popular swaps. FYI zyaaa, the JBA muffler comes with a lifetime warranty...they'll replace it for you.

If you're interested in either the M/F or the Banks just let us know.

Talk to you soon,

John

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yea I went to a Magnaflow when this happened to me. I have since had the JBA rewelded and put it back on. You can also try the AT3030XL muffler it seems to be very nice.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Will JBA give us new mufflers since this is a known issue?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Called today and just wanted a receipt for my purchase so i sent it via email pdf.

Said they would replace it either pull it off send it in at my expense and then ship the bad one back or.....

Pay a 50 dollar core charge plus shipping and have it refunded when i get mine sent back to them before 30 days.

PhxBlue said:
Yea I went to a Magnaflow when this happened to me. I have since had the JBA rewelded and put it back on. You can also try the AT3030XL muffler it seems to be very nice.
I like the sound of the K&N figure i will probably get the revised muffler for the JBA so i will give it a try. If not i can probably take it back to my maintenance at work and see if i can get one of the guys to weld it.

SCMS_JOHN said:
The Maganflow 18" or 22" and the Banks Mufflers are very popular swaps. FYI zyaaa, the JBA muffler comes with a lifetime warranty...they'll replace it for you.

If you're interested in either the M/F or the Banks just let us know.

Talk to you soon,

John
PM me the MF price John it may be an alternative. but is this a direct bolt in or do i need to have it put in at a muffler shop?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well got my replacement from JBA and got the same K&N. I wonder how long this one will last before doing the same thing....

But BONUS. Its my B-Day today and i Got Bushwacker Fender Flares!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Z,

18" or 22" M/F?

Talk to you soon,

John

Zyaaa said:
Well got my replacement from JBA and got the same K&N. I wonder how long this one will last before doing the same thing....

But BONUS. Its my B-Day today and i Got Bushwacker Fender Flares!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts