Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I recently posted about having two cracked manifolds. I have talked to 3 different shops about installing the Doug Thorley Long Tubes and noone up here will take the job. I dont have a garage....yet (building a house this summer) and I dont weld.
I was wondering if I have Nissan replace the manifolds, have the replacement parts been fixed or will they just crack again anyway. Nissan wont help me out with the cost as I am at 85k.
Or, does anyone up here in Alaska know who will do the headers on the Titan?
It seems from all posts that headers are the way to go. Looks to be close to the same price.
My thought would be the Doug Thorley Long Tubes, Magnaflow Cat, Mag. Catback.
And 1 last question...will headers and all the rest destroy my gas mileage?
Thanks for your thoughts in advance!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hello all. I recently posted about having two cracked manifolds. I have talked to 3 different shops about installing the Doug Thorley Long Tubes and noone up here will take the job. I dont have a garage....yet (building a house this summer) and I dont weld.
I was wondering if I have Nissan replace the manifolds, have the replacement parts been fixed or will they just crack again anyway. Nissan wont help me out with the cost as I am at 85k.
Or, does anyone up here in Alaska know who will do the headers on the Titan?
It seems from all posts that headers are the way to go. Looks to be close to the same price.
My thought would be the Doug Thorley Long Tubes, Magnaflow Cat, Mag. Catback.
And 1 last question...will headers and all the rest destroy my gas mileage?
Thanks for your thoughts in advance!
Do you have jack stands, Jack, some hand tools and a driveway?? If so then you can get the headers on. Get the Magnaflow direct fit replacement b-pipes (or stillens) and bolt them on too!! Your mpg will only be affected if you don't get tuned and your foot gets heavier (likely to happen)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you recommend for a tune?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
what do you recommend for a tune?
Uprev. Bulldog superchips and hypertech are great for basic boltons (catback, CAI, tbs, etc) but headers, cams, and spray require a tune written specifically for your truck to keep AFR in the green. Otherwise you'll end up rich or lean and kill your mpg and quite possibly damage the truck.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is starting to sound like more than I bargained for. does anyone know if the replacement manifolds are any better than what came on the truck in 06? and would they come with decent warranty....even if i put them on myself? or does anyone on the forum who is here in alaska have a way to tune the truck. I am saying this assuming a tuner is quite expensive?

·
Registered
494 Posts
UpRev will probably be 700 for their custom etuned set-up. Then the price of the DT LTs, and the B-pipes. It is not a cheap option. If money is an issue, it may be best to ask the boards who has a used set for sale and buy them.

All Nissan parts (non race tuned) have a 12k/12m warranty on them so this isn't going to really matter when they should last 60k plus.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Manifold

I just had mine replaced in Grand Prarie Ab same issue, was done under warranty, If you are going to be traveling through Give them a call they retail for about 150.00 and it only took them 3 hours to change.:feuerkopf2-big::feuerkopf2-big::feuerkopf2-big:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the manifolds retail here at nissan for around 600 each...

·
Registered
8 Posts
the replacement manifolds are a lot better and are thicker where the old ones were cracking. I work for nissan at the drivetrain plant where we build the v8 for the titan. if you can get the replacements for a good price you will be fine going that route.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts