Nissan Titan Forum banner

cracked manifold

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  silver/chrome titan 
#1 ·
hey guys I'm sure this horse has been beat to death but I have to ask. I found out today that one of my manifolds is definitely cracked and the other possibly is and after the quote from the dealer on a factory fix I figure headers are the best way to go looking for recommendations and tips not real sure what I will need and what all it will involve changing. My truck is a 06CC all stock except for an Injen CAI.

#2 ·
I would go with the Thorley long tube headers. The rest of the exhaust system will bolt right to them. The only other thing you will need to do is to weld in new sensor bungs just behind the cats in the B pipes, move the sensors to the new location and plug the original bungs. If you don't have cats in the B pipes (resonators instead) you will have to install cats or buy new B pipes with the cats installed. If you still have the stock muffler, change it out to a Magnaflow.

#3 ·
should be a warranty fix.i had to replace mine out of my own pocket a year and a half ago. last week recieved a letter from nissan stating they are reimbursing people cause it should fall under the 8/80k emissions warranty since the manifolds and converters are one peice

#5 ·
I have 04 CC left side manifold cracked, pulled out welded crack no more problems. I own a muffler shop and have done two other Titans same problem, Did one this week 04 ExCab 4X4 $600 both sides really bad cracks, welded manifolds and reinstalled with new gaskets. Stainless steel manifolds don't hold up very well on these trucks.

#6 ·
i don't hear any of the tsk tsk tsk or hissing noises....
however, this has me leary of 'what' the dealer actually did. gonna have to wait for some warm weather though to crawl under and around to see 'what' they did - R&R or R&RW (remove and reweld) or NOTHING....yikes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.