Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, What's a bad luck day. I took care of my Titan more than anything (washed 1 or twice/week). My wife thought that I am crazy. Guess what? A small rock "flicked" to my windshield today and gave it a 7 inches crack. Dealer want $220/part+$120 labor. The auto glass store say that they can fix the crack for $75 and warranty for 10 yrs. I decided to have it fix. I will upload the pics of the crack before and after tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
That sucks. It is hard to fix lengthy cracks. Try getting a quote from a mobile windshield outfit. I had a Honda Passport where they came out to my office and after less than an hour, had the old one off, the new one on, and charged $159 cash for everything. Maybe the Titan is a more expensive windshield, but you should be able to find someone who will install it for much less than $120 labor. Maybe invest $60 for the OE hood protector while you're at it. It won't stop the big rocks but helps with the little ones.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Man that sucks. In the South Carolina insurance pays for windshields no questions asked and no deductable. One of the few things we do right I guess.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got the windshield fix. Here are the before and after pictures. The guy did a good job. I barely see the crack line. If you look at the picture closely, you can see a dot that he drilled to stop the crack

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
m4ck said:
Man that sucks. In the South Carolina insurance pays for windshields no questions asked and no deductable. One of the few things we do right I guess.
same here in Florida

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just called my insurance. They will reimburse the fix $75. There is a $200 deductable to get it replace. I would pay $200 to get it replace but it's too late now. Thanks M4ck, you saved me 75 bucks.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just called my insurance. They will reimburse the fix $75. There is a $200 deductable to get it replace. I would pay $200 to get it replace but it's too late now. Thanks M4ck, you saved me 75 bucks.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Tyltan said:
Man, What's a bad luck day. I took care of my Titan more than anything (washed 1 or twice/week). My wife thought that I am crazy. Guess what? A small rock "flicked" to my windshield today and gave it a 7 inches crack. Dealer want $220/part+$120 labor. The auto glass store say that they can fix the crack for $75 and warranty for 10 yrs. I decided to have it fix. I will upload the pics of the crack before and after tomorrow.
What was the name of that auto glass store. Was it a nationwide string or just a local one? I may have to check into this. I was under the impression that you couldn't fix a crack once it spread. You may have saved me some $$$ too!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Just in case you guys don't know. This time of year when its getting cold at night and warms up during the day. Or you have the heat on in the truck. The temperature changes will make that crack walk accross the glass. Just me but I would want to replace that thing soon as I could.
Guess its a judgement call.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
firecracker said:
Tyltan said:
What was the name of that auto glass store. Was it a nationwide string or just a local one? I may have to check into this. I was under the impression that you couldn't fix a crack once it spread. You may have saved me some $$$ too!
It is a local store. I agree with m4ck to replace the windshield since insurance willing to pay for it. + deductable. I was in panic mode yesterday. I should call my insurance company first. I afraid the crack get longer if I wait.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I called a local Novus Windshield repair place today. Won't work. Mine is too long ( :D ) the crack, that is, and since it's been raining for so many days, the epoxy wouldn't adhere properly.

I'll be replacing it soon anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts