Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was on Rt 80 in parsippany today.. It was a f_ckin ice storm. i was driving with the pace of traffic when the front of the titan starts to go to the right and the back end of the titan starts to go to the left until i am facing the wrongway in traffic still moving foward but from inside the car i was now moving backward down the hill twards the divider... now on rt 80 they have these weird dividers.. they are metal posts that have steel cables running through them.. well i started going for thos as i seen it in the rear view and i just closed my eyes and prayed until i heard. brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, and the car stopped now i was facing the wrong way twards traffic down in a ditch.. so i went out to look at the dmage and the cables rode up the ball and hitch and went under the rear door and pushed pressure on the bottom of the rear quarter panels... looks like somone used dental floss on my titan. so i just drove out of the ditch (like a champ) and went to my autobody shop.. i have full coverage so its gonna cost me 500 bucks for the co pay but he said since im not taking the rental option i get a 15 dollar day refund and it will be there for at least a month.. so that pretty much pays the co pay.. he sayd that he has to take the bed off and cut out the rear quarter panels out of the bed and replace them. i also ripped off the trailor plug, broke both rear lights, and distroyed the bumper and distroyed the back bed door and the mounts that hold the door on ripped out.. sucks man.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Holy crap son! I'm glad you're alright, but that's NO GOOD for the ol' Titan. I know it's morbid, but did you get any pictures???

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
You're okay!

I can't imagine your insurance attempting to total out your Titan based on the damage you have.

I messed up the whole front end on mine, no engine damage, and they fixed it. Took two months on mine.

Good luck.

Ralph

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
crockone said:
...so i just drove out of the ditch (like a champ) and went to my autobody shop..
THAT Sez it ALL!

If you wuz Drivin' a F---, you'd haveta call a Tow truck!!

Glad you're ok.

·
SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
3,954 Posts
Dude, that is terrible. Its scary to think how that happened so easily. She just 360ed during normal highway driving? That road musta been like glass. I know those guardrails you're talkin'bout, they got them all over NY too. They're worthless.

It's weird when you brake on ice with these trucks, the brake pedal feels really strange, like nothing I've ever felt before. I can't even explain it. Anyone else know what I mean?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good you didn't get hurt, but i can relate..a few months ago.. idiot driver makes a left in front of me like i'm invisible in a Radiant Silver CC on an early Sun morn when seems like we were the only two vehicles on the road...got my front end and all the way around to the pass. door...new bumper, grill, right headlight assy, hood, and pass door.. new radiator was the extent to engine damage... my son and i were fine...but you should have seen the side of the idiot's car i hit...totaled of course....and guess what...HE HAD NO INSURANCE!!!! thank God for uninsured motorist coverage!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
hey glad you're safe. a busted truck is way better than a busted you.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I FEEL your pain!

Got rear-ended at a stop light on New Year's Day.

What a pain! Had to pay for a rental and shelled out $600.00 in rental car fees while waiting for Nissan to take FOREVER to ship parts.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, but, I'm glad that you did not get injured.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Man i feel you're pain bro..But hey look at it this way- A banged up truck is a heela lot better than a banged up u..Be at ease bro in a few weeks u should be up and going..Good luck bro..later..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts