Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have felt what appears to be the brakes applying when coasting down a hill with the cruise set. Has anyone encountered this??

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Mine will downshift when going down a steep grade to control speed while using cruise control, is that what you are feeling?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Something the dealer told me... downhill assist. Not sure if he was BSing me or what, but it does it all the time going downhill.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
This is a function of the cruise control. It's designed to keep you at the selected speed regardless of the road's grade. When going up hill, it may downshift and apply more gas (sometimes a lot) to try to maintain your speed. When going downhill, it lets off the gas and uses the engine to keep the truck at or as close to the desired speed. It's worked this way on every cruise control equipped vehicle I've driven. It's all good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help! I have never felt this before on any other vehicles with cruise, It just rolls past the set speed and resumes as you get back to the set point.
Thanks for the rapid response. I posted this on tt and didn't get much help there. I think i have found a new 'home'. :D
Adam

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
You're welcome. That's what we do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts