Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you know me from TitanTalk. I just thought I would share a quick video of my custom exhaust setup that I designed (basically placement through trial and error and different muffler combinations) to get a race-truck type sound from the titan with no ''Card In Spokes" or popping.

Exhaust setup:

Doug thorley long tubes---NO CATS
to
True Dual 2.5in B-pipes
to
2.5in Magnaflow X-pipe
to
Dual 2.5in Magnaflow-Magnapacks (resonators)
to
Dual 2.5in Flowmaster 40-Series with 3in dumps/turndowns.

Picture shows everything from the 2.5in B-Pipes all the way to the dumps.

Video of the above exhaust setup on my Titan.

BTW, some of you may or may not like it, but I find it to be unique compared to other setups.

I will get some better vidoes and drive bys @ WOT.
*I'm using a Nikon CoolPix S70 for pics and videos.*

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
i'm all about the unique. what kinda rims you have on there? it kinda looks like a nissan sign in the middle.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
That's a really nice exhaust setup!!

I think some "flow through" muffler's would be a little better for performance than the Flowmaster "chambered" muffler's, but i'm sure it sound's great in person! :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have the same set up as far as the way it looks. but I have no resonators or x pipe mine is true dual straight pipe all the way from the JBA' s all the way to the magnaflows.....I think you should have gotten magnaflows instead of FM....
Why did you go 2.5 on everything?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Rims are the first year production KMC Rockstars which you could use either factory wheel emblems or that "star'' looking cover which imo I don't like.

I had magnaflows in place of the flowmasters at first but they had horrible card in spokes sound under normal driving. WOT sounded great but I just hate the ping pop/ card in spokes sound. Apparently the chambered muffler eliminated the card in spoke sound along with the X pipe.

I went with 2.5in because all the mufflers were 2.5in inlet outlet. I figued it wouldn't hurt that bad.

I dynoed 339rwhp/369rwtq with my setup and using a superchips cortex 93* tune. I live at sea level(5mins away from beach) and the numbers were uncorrected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts