Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, I may go with a custom exhaust since I cant fork over 500 for a banks. I was thinking of going with 3" pipe from the y to a magnaflow (or something like that) then exiting at the stock location with 3" pipe and maybe a nice stainless tip. Ive been quoted for 300 with a tip. Is that a good price?? Is magnaflow the best option for this setup, because basically it would be the same thing as mf's cat back set up that people sell for around 500 uninstalled. I'm open for any muffler suggestions to go with the setup I just mentioned. I'm scared of flowmaster because most people on here give it bad reviews with drone and such. I definatley want it LOUD and dont want to give up any performance. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
do 2.25 y to a 3" collector to a magnaflow 18"...sounds great to me!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I was planning on keeping my stock y then going to 3" to the muffler then 3" out to the tailpipe. What diameter is the stock Y????

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
2" to 2.5"...the stock y junction is soooo restrictive, but i know you can buy a MF for cheap online and pick up a y-pipe from like Jegs.com or summit or dr.gas for like $50.....buth if you do what you are saying then that would be cool to

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not too great of a price.
2 years ago, I paid $300 for custom true duals, two Flowmaster 50s, and cats delete on the 2500 'Burban with the 350 engine.
To put it mildy, this setup was loud-not drag racing loud, but obnoxious for the neighbors, I'm sure. I'm now selling the truck, and I'm sure someone will love the exhaust.
But, it gets old. Sure it has great moments when I stomp it and it sounds like a bunch of Harleys revving, and the idle gurgle is cool, but overall, loud exhaust is over rated. I'm ready for something quieter-actually I have the Titan which I don't even need to modify the exhaust on- it may sound quiet to you now, but believe me, within a year of you going to something "loud", you will be wanting the stock exhaust back.
Oh, and "drone"- will someone explain what this is?
I mean, I can always hear the exhaust in the Burban- is that "drone?"

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you look around you can get a JBA catback for about $330 and that is full stainless. To me having a custom press-bent aluminized steel exhaust built for $300 seems pretty pricey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts