Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys well I dropped my truck of at a friends shop last Thursday and I got the truck back yesterday with my custom header project completed. Needless to say I could not be happier with the out come of the project. So far the truck is still learning the new headers but I have done some force learning for the ECU and I got brave today and did some WOT runs 6 to be exact 3 before 30-40 miles and 3 after I also reset the mass air flow sensor to speed up the learning time and I have great results. Also I have not got a new tune for the truck so ill attach the fastest run so you guys can see what the truck is doing and now on the to good part.

Here is the part list
1- pair of ceramic coated JBA shorties Headers price 435.99 from socalmotorsports
2- Dynatech powercat 2.25'' Inlet/Outlet Converter part #329-79-400225 price 169.99 each from Jegs
2- 304 stainless O2 Bungs price 3.95 each from Mandel Bend Solutions
1- 10 foot of stainless 2.25 pipes price 85.00 from Matt's Auto
install cost and fabrication price is 606.50 25 hours of work for a total price for my project of 1475.37

All the piping from the collector back is 2.25 and it sounds sick. My friend cut me a huge deal on the install. They reused all the stock hardware including the flanges they cut down the flanges and sandblasted them to clean them up the flange on the old cats from the manifolds is now on the 2.50 collector. The flanges from the B-pipes were all cut down and sandblasted and refitted to the 2.25 stainless pipe the high-flow cats were welded in the stock reso location and bungs put in right after the cats. So now I think its time for some pics ill get better ones when I put the truck back on the racks next week but here we go.

Driver side Cat Driver side collector

Drivers side down pipe Drivers side down pipe

Passenger side Cat Driver side Cat

Driver side Collector Passenger side collector

Passenger side down pipe

Well thats all the pics now for a poor quality vid but still a vid ill have a better one soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdtpYQmCNG4

Attachments

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Ol Okie from ???? Awe shuxs that's a great post brother! Listen to that pig oink! LOVE it and the pictures!

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! whoa dude for that installation im not sure but they did do all the labor so its all good!! it still looks AWESOME and sounds SWEET!!!! id advise you to soap down the welds on the flanges to check for exhaust leaks. looks like they welded em pretty hot.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Sure sounds mean, no rasp, just deep and powerful.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Sounds awsome Man! Looks like you did your homwork on the parts good choice. Now hows would you say the sound changed with this setup and with these headers b4 cats? Just as loud? Little quieter or just less drone? im debating on saving up for cats for my new setup

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well its totally different from the stock JBA cat-back listen to the vid in my sig and then the new vid you can hear the difference no rasp just a nice sick sound and I would tell anyone going with the JBA headers thinking about high-flows and well I paid alot for the cats but they are proven performers I think Chris Toomnymods still uses the dynatech or at least he did on his 2.25 pipes. My logs have already improved and the truck isn't done learning. All I have to say is its freaking sick. :D Oh forgot I do have more drone about 65-70 but oh well I can live with it love the hotrod sound I have now.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
suddenurge said:
Sure sounds mean, no rasp, just deep and powerful.
Ditto! Deeeeeeeeep and POWrfullll!

way to walk the line cuz.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Man thats SWWEEEEEEEEET makes me wish i had more money for mods LoL!!!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Welcome to Club JBA LOL Nice setup you probably got a torque monster there.

·
Registered
449 Posts
So you removed two of your cats then?

I am already running the 2.25 custom cat back I am definitely looking to get som high flow cats. If I were to get two of them I could remove my second set correct? Sure hope so... It would be rediculous to have to by 4 of those bad boys.

Looks great. I think I have exhaust envy LOL. Guess I know what is on my list now... This is even going to come before uprev. Uprev will be my final unleashing the beast mod. LOL.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Sounds awesome Jake. Can't wait to get to hear it out at the track again. And get to see you fly by me even more when we run

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I only have 2 cats now I had 2 stock cats and 2 resos. Then new cats are in the stock reso location. I really don't care for the stock cats to close to the engine bay and there has been known failures and blown motors with the stock cats so I had them moved down stream in the b-pipes for added protection and then increased the flow rate with High-flow cats. All you really need is 2 cats just be sure to put them before the o2 sensors and you wont have any codes thrown. The stock b-pipes are bottle necked under 2 inches before the reso and 2.25 after my new b-pipes are 2.25 from the collector on the header all the way back to the JBA y pipe then 3 inch all the way back.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a little update to this the JBA y pipe has been pulled off for a custom 2" y pipe built for the rest of the setup and have had good results so far way more tq off the line which helps with the 22"s :D

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Just a little update to this the JBA y pipe has been pulled off for a custom 2" y pipe built for the rest of the setup and have had good results so far way more tq off the line which helps with the 22"s :D
Please keep us updated, I never could launch consistently with the Zoomers 2" Y-pipe on factory tires but had very good results with the 2.5" Dr Gas Y conversion as far as the strip launches go.

I never thought about it but for the guys running the larger wheels, this is a great solution and I bet the 2" Y will come out of the hole in a hurry if you can get traction.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
yes please keep us posted DF6...another 2" y-pipe could be on my truck depending on your results, glad i sold it to you, you do important stuff for us.....glad your testing this y-pipe, it gave me killer torque before a tune

·
Registered
55 Posts
your truck rumble made me buy jba headers such a clean sound

1 - 19 of 19 Posts