Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I seem to be having some kind of moisture problem on the passenger side all of a sudden. I noticed it intermittently a couple of months ago, when I pulled up the passenger floor mat to vacuum and there was a small damp spot on the bottom of the floor mat. Read all the "AC drain" posts on this issue. I have determined it is *not* the AC drain. The drain was clean, and I am not using the AC at all now, and in fact the truck was parked for a week and it was dry just before the last time I drove it. Now, it rained like hell the last 2 days, and the truck has been parked pointing down hill. If that means anything.

So I have determined it has to be either water or antifreeze. I don't smell anything inside that would lead me to believe it is coolant, though I have noticed my coolant has gotten a little low twice (still some in the overflow reservoir but down at the "min" level), but I can't be sure it wasn't just low and that I have refilled it.

When I noticed this, I pulled the kick plate and pulled the carpet and jute back and there wasn't any standing water.

So if this is just leaking rain water, ideas? Windshield? Back window? Something else? And how do I find it - put a hose on there and look for the gushing water?

Any ideas would be great. I really don't want to tear the heater box apart to check the heater core.
latest ringtones, zedge, popular ringtones

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do have a sunroof? Sunroof drains are notorious for getting clogged and causing what you are seeing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem, mine was due to the drains under the cowl getting clogged. The water would fill up under the cowl after a big rain and overflow finding its way behind the dash dripping back behind the glove box soaking the floor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts