Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sorry if this has already been mentioned but i searched and didnt find anything on it. Does anyone know how big the Dana axle is in the rear, maybe a Dana 60?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I think the rear was based on a Dana 44 design.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The rear is a Dana 44, and the front is basically a Dana 44

·
Registered
20 Posts
What kinda loads are these axles capapble of? I don't plan on do ing the Baja but I may like to add some 33s or 35s at most and do moderate 4x4ing and hauling/towing.

S.O.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
After the many questions concerning the front and rear axle assemblies, you would think I would have already talked to my buddy, who's Dad works at Dana Corp.....Let me call him and get the inside scoop on this because I've heard so many reports that the Titan rear axle is "based" on the 44 series but isn't actually a 44.

I'll make some calls this weekend and see if once and for all we can get to the bottom of this because I would like to know as well.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Sorryociffer said:
What kinda loads are these axles capapble of? I don't plan on do ing the Baja but I may like to add some 33s or 35s at most and do moderate 4x4ing and hauling/towing.

S.O.
I'll also see if his Dad can provide any spec sheets on our axles as well, of which is another thing I would like to know.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I found this article on the Titan's axles on Automotive Industries website.
It doesn't answer the rear axle name/number question but covers the front, which they call a Dana 205. They are made at Dana’s Columbia, Mo. facility. It also mentions that the E-LOCK is provided by Tochiji-Fuji
http://www.ai-online.com/issues/article_detail.asp?id=189

The article does state that the number of teeth was increased on the rear and the front axles' ring gear and pinion sets in an attempt to make the gear operation smoother.

Issue: June 2003
"Making Titan Tougher"
Dana Corp. supplies innovative axle technologies to Nissan’s big trucks.
by AI staff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts