Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
titanprayer,
You shouldn't need a relay harness for the Titan. There were some issues with the earlier model years but those are generally resolved with a good quality ballast. Make sure to do your research prior to purchasing. 100% digital, AC components, slim ballast, that should get you where you need to be. Don't pay more than $60 shipped.

·
Registered
894 Posts
8000k is nice. Bright white, hint of blue. We got 6000k for my girl, and I like 8000k better.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I had problems with the DDM unit but they did replace the ballast. I would HIGHLY suggest using their $12 harness...even with the Titan! You'll notice that the lights come on almost instantly to full power using the harness vs a quick blip...then a few seconds to come up to full bright without it. There's just not enough power being given through the factory wiring at startup...although yes, they will work.

·
3,813 Posts
I had problems with the DDM unit but they did replace the ballast. I would HIGHLY suggest using their $12 harness...even with the Titan! You'll notice that the lights come on almost instantly to full power using the harness vs a quick blip...then a few seconds to come up to full bright without it. There's just not enough power being given through the factory wiring at startup...although yes, they will work.
More info on the Harness?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

·
3,813 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
is the slim(digital ) better or worse if you using no harness ??
i dont mine being a litle bigger ..

ken
They're both digital. The slim ballast just uses an external igniter. That's why it's 2 pieces instead of one. I don't think they differ though otherwise. I'd still use the harness on the slim ballast kit.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
order them from HIDExtra.com!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
The whole kit, I bought the HID kit from them and love it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought my HID kits from DDM, 5k for my Titan, and 6k for my 720.

You don't need the slim ballast nor the relay kit. You really won't notice the warm up as it doesn't take very long.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I bought my HID kits from DDM, 5k for my Titan, and 6k for my 720.

You don't need the slim ballast nor the relay kit. You really won't notice the warm up as it doesn't take very long.
Need?..no. Won't notice the difference? Oh you absolutely will. I've had them both ways..with and without. Without the harness, the light WILL work but their limited, especially at startup, by the thin-ish factory wiring that have trouble delivering the full amperage so they start REALLY dim and brighten within about 10-15 seconds. With this easy and cheap harness, all your factory harness does is trigger a relay and the lights are now running off the battery directly. No flicker, no dim startup. You get full power. Makes a big difference IMO. Geez...lol..you'd think I was selling these damn things!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Need?..no. Won't notice the difference? Oh you absolutely will. I've had them both ways..with and without. Without the harness, the light WILL work but their limited, especially at startup, by the thin-ish factory wiring that have trouble delivering the full amperage so they start REALLY dim and brighten within about 10-15 seconds. With this easy and cheap harness, all your factory harness does is trigger a relay and the lights are now running off the battery directly. No flicker, no dim startup. You get full power. Makes a big difference IMO. Geez...lol..you'd think I was selling these damn things!
Funny.. I have a kit in each vehicle I own (4) and one of them has a kit with the relay but offroad lights.. Both have the same startup time.

Even on my suv, I have two identical kits. And when both switched on, both take the same amount to warm up per say.. Offroad lights have relay because there is no plug in harness.. The headlights no relay and just plug right in.

All kits ddm, no issues. Even with the hi/low kit (which doesnt work well in the ford..lens just isnt right)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Funny.. I have a kit in each vehicle I own (4) and one of them has a kit with the relay but offroad lights.. Both have the same startup time.

Even on my suv, I have two identical kits. And when both switched on, both take the same amount to warm up per say.. Offroad lights have relay because there is no plug in harness.. The headlights no relay and just plug right in.

All kits ddm, no issues. Even with the hi/low kit (which doesnt work well in the ford..lens just isnt right)
Try comparing apples to apples though. The two lights may differ too much. If you have HIDs in your truck w/o the harness...add it and see (you can also hook up the harness to one side and connect the other to the factory wiring like I did). Night and day difference in ignition time. Not more than a few seconds of course but instant light as opposed to having to wait longer. Not a big deal mind you, but a definite difference. People are blowing low beam fuses (not sure if that's posted here or over at TT) while others were having problems with one side not lighting. The latter requires you to turn them off and back on to ignite them...proof that the wiring isn't sufficient for some kits. My sons 06 Altima had that problem before adding the harness. My wifes Quest doesn't have the harness and yet seems ok...even if it takes longer than mine to come up to full brightness. I guess different manufacturers units will react differently but in using DDMs units, I've found that the harness allows for the proper starting amps whereas the factory wiring is lacking. Again, will they work?...yes, but not everyone has had that luck. For $12, I feel it's better to bypass and preserve the factory wiring while getting full power to the HIDs...especially at start-up. Just my opinion though.

Oh and I have the DDM H1 kit in the New Beetle w/o the harness without any problems..just slower to come on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GUYS DOUBLE SIDED TAPE CAME WITH MY ORDER BUT ITS HANGING ON NO MORE COUPLE DAYS ,I USED ZIP TIGHTS I WONT LOOSE THEM GIVE ME SOME INFO ON HOW YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN ATTACHED THEM I GOT FOG,LOW,AND HIGH ANY BRACKETS ? A better 2 sided tape ?

ken

·
Registered
20 Posts
Make sure you clean the area and you should be just fine. If they used 3M tape then it is rated far beyond the weight of the ballast. There are two great mounting points right there inside the wheel well. One on the end of the frame rail and crash bar or up on the bumper cover bracket. Either way you should have zero issues. You should have received the brackets regardless but if you got the thicker ballasts then mounting them all with the brackets will be interesting. With the slim ballasts and arrow brackets they are thin enough to not have issue. I did run the ballasts for my fogs and Lows double sided taped to each other for about two years without them moving. No issues. Again, caveat, for the tape that is being used. If you need some arrow brackets if you bought the slims then I have some I can send you. Let me know.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts