Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I got a set of these a year ago and they worked perfectly until about a month ago when one of them just isnt as bright anymore and every now and again that one wont even turn on, could this be the bulb, the ballast, wiring or warranty? has anyone had this happen to them?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nope. A set in my Titan for about 4 yrs and a set in my motorcycle for over 2 yrs. No problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
chances are its not the bulb or the ballast. Had it happen to me on my subaru and it was one of the fuses for the relay that was blown. I would say check all fuses first. Then try connecting the ballast straight to the battery to see if its brighter. If it doesn't work then call up ddm or email them for a replacement, i believe the offer lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had this happen to me and it was the bulb that had burned up. It would turn on but it was a lot dimmer than the other. When I took it out the bulb was black on the inside I have replaced it and it now works fine. Also they do have a lifetime warranty on the bulbs.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Had this happen to both of my Hid fogs. Both ballasts went out in less then a month (which DDM can kiss my a** for thier crap customer service). They would come on at times, sometimes they would come on dim, and sometimes not at all. They warrantied the first ballast, the second one the made me $20 in shipping and didn't even gove me a new ballast. Just swap the ballast over to the other side, and if the probalem follows the ballast, then you know thats what it is. If the problem doesn't follow the ballast, then start checking other parts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called ddm they wanted me to ship everything to them and they would check and replace any faulty parts but I would have to pay shipping both ways which would be same as the cost in the first place. Anyway I swapped the bulbs and it ended up being a burnt bulb and once again the shipping on bulbs for me is more then the cost of it so I ordered new ones off ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts