Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if it wasn't for bad luck, I guess I wouldn't have any. Took the truck in earlier this week for the blower fan intermitently not working. 100K warranty, no issue, and dang hot here in the Dallas area. They will look at it. So the service rep gets in my truck, pulls it around back to wait for a bay to work on it. I forgot my smokes so I walk back there to get them in the truck. I walk around the right side of it, and the rear door and bed is crushed in. I freak, what the hell happened, that was not there two minutes ago. No one in sight of course now, so about thirty minutes later I walk to the office again, and here comes the service rep and the service manager to me. So now I am livid, you can imagine that discussion. They apologize profusely, but still 30 minutes later? They are going to fix it, 4800.00 damage. Making them do it all with no body filler of any sort. New bedside on the right side. He nailed the rear bumper of a new Frontier turning the corner. Can't believe it.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Better be giving you a free rental too.. sorry to see and here this.. but glad there taking care of it. I hope im a timely fashion too! GL!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a dealership drop my Firebird off of the hoist and they didn't even tell me. Then they tried to deny it until I showed them the note another customer left on my car explaining that they say the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
wow.......some kid couldn't navigate that corner? really? I'd tell them to put me a 350z until its repaired. its the LEAST they could do considering the screw up. or at least a Titan. they gotta have a used one around there somewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
wow.......some kid couldn't navigate that corner? really? I'd tell them to put me a 350z until its repaired. its the LEAST they could do considering the screw up. or at least a Titan. they gotta have a used one around there somewhere.
i concur they are royally screwed i would ask for 370z or titan

·
Registered
343 Posts
Even if the dealership repairs your truck to look like new, the value of your vehicle is reduced by the fact that it has now been wrecked. A vehicle with a wrecked history will never be as valuable to a buyer as one that has never been in a wrecked state.

So, in addition to repairing your truck to like-new condition, the dealership or the dealership's insurer will need to additionally reimburse you for the "diminished value" of your vehicle that now includes a history of wreckage. Diminished value laws varies from state to state so you will need to check it out but the dealer or their insurer will likely be reluctant to bring up the subject.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Even if the dealership repairs your truck to look like new, the value of your vehicle is reduced by the fact that it has now been wrecked. A vehicle with a wrecked history will never be as valuable to a buyer as one that has never been in a wrecked state.
How does a situation like this make it into the "wrecked history"? I'm not trying to be a smart alec, I'm curious how that works since there's no car insurance or police report involved.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
We had our dealeship replace the wifes new 04 Quest. First they damaged both front doors while it was being serviced. Somehow they smashed the doors into the side of the lift. Mind you, this was only after owning it for a few months. We let them fix the doors. They also tried to fix a sliding door rattle by filling the lower part of the door with spray foam.......it glued the door shut after weeping out of the holes in the bottom of the door!
The second time, we had it in to replace the little rubber cushions on the rear side windows so when they close they sit flush. As it turned out, they couldn't replace those pieces...they have to replace the glass.
Long story short, while removing the side glass, the dope dropped the old glass and in trying to catch it, it slid down the side of the van and scratched the rear quarter panel. Not too bad huh?.....well how about the ahole doing it on BOTH sides!
So with about 32k miles on the van by this time, we made a scene that should have made the news. They sent us out to the lot to pick out a new one...by this time it was an 05. The wife picked out a loaded SL with all the sunroofs etc. and they took off what we'd already paid so our payment was the same. Sucked but we made out in the end I guess.
BTW, they finally fired the moron...it was the same guy who did all the damage.

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
a compact rental shouldn't even be brought to the table......COMPENSATION is the word of the day. upgrade or match.

·
Registered
343 Posts
How does a situation like this make it into the "wrecked history"? I'm not trying to be a smart alec, I'm curious how that works since there's no car insurance or police report involved.
Simple, if a vehicle has been damaged in a wreck it has a "wrecked history" and any lack of involvement by police or insurance makes no difference. Had the police or insurance been involved in any way the "wrecked history" may likely have a documentation trail.

One of the questions a savvy buying should always ask the vehicle seller is whether the vehicle has ever been wrecked. Of course the seller can always lie but if a repair from a wreck is discovered, the seller may be subject to being sued for fraud.

·
Creator of the DUMBEST thread ever!
4,107 Posts
Simple, if a vehicle has been damaged in a wreck it has a "wrecked history" and any lack of involvement by police or insurance makes no difference. Had the police or insurance been involved in any way the "wrecked history" may likely have a documentation trail.

One of the questions a savvy buying should always ask the vehicle seller is whether the vehicle has ever been wrecked. Of course the seller can always lie but if a repair from a wreck is discovered, the seller may be subject to being sued for fraud.
Hey buddy.. I like how you think you know it all. It is funny really. Reportable accidents are the only ones that matter and the only ones that count. This is not a reportable accident. If it is not on carfax... it never happened. At the end of the day what happened to his truck amounts to a large scratch.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
if the dealer eats the cost for the repair, i don't see why it would be reported anyway. for them to file a claim just raises their own rates, and i doubt they'd do that, especially with all of the tools and parts at their disposal. i don't think it will show up on a carfax. so no loss of value will happen. just my opinion.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well they did report it to their insurance for the dealership, already have gotten that call. The insurance adjuster was a contract guy for the insurance company, but either way it will be fixed the way I want it to be. If not, then let the attorneys haggle that, either way, it would be cheaper to fix it the way I want, not the insurance companies way, I am sure that cost would be more than fixing it the right way. If it does show up on carfax, I spoke to an attorney and he said the loss of value is at the time of the incident, not when I sell it, and they are aware now that I do know that, so like I told them. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way, fix it right, or pay for the attorney fees and all. I am sure a judge would side with me on their negligence.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'd also check over the rear tire and rim. That "scratch" is quite deep and extends to both sides of the wheel arch, ie. the tire must have been in the way at one point.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
good at least you have your bases covered. hope all turns out well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey buddy.. I like how you think you know it all. It is funny really. Reportable accidents are the only ones that matter and the only ones that count. This is not a reportable accident. If it is not on carfax... it never happened. At the end of the day what happened to his truck amounts to a large scratch.
Well, then I will defer to a higher authority. It is a large scratch indeed and it never even happened. I certainly don't know it all and I simply stated my opinion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts