Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to tackle the mesh grille mod on the front bumper after noticing some debris had found its way into the radiator fan and since i am very particular i am going to do the upper grill as well so they will match, but i have opted not to gut the factory grille like many people have. hope it will still look good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A test piece

here are a couple pics of a test piece i did for the upper grille.. dont think it really came out that well.. doesnt even look like i did anything.. but it was from stuff i already had layin around..

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah... i also want to keep the logo and dont know how that would work without the mount on the grille... if only i had a spare oem grille. lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
if your good with the saw, you could leave the top part of the grill in place that holds the burger. you will see what i mean once you open it up. it should be pretty stable that way.

the hard part will be cutting the mesh to fit around it.

you could also get a bolt on emblem and put that on the mesh afterward.

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
IMO - Doesn't look good with the stock honeycomb left in, cut it out and find a way to keep the OEM Burger!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my only other two options would be to find a tighter mesh that would hide it better or to try and replicate the stock grille in the bumper section.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
use 3m tape to reapply the emblem

·
Registered
304 Posts
I like the burger gone. Gives the T that little mystery, ya know?

I have found that rattle can paint doesn't want to stick to the steal. I'm thinking about finding some aluminum and having them powder coated. It'll cost more. No idea how much, though. It's just a thought. I've got some rust showing through where the paint has chipped off.

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Did you use a primer???

I like the burger gone. Gives the T that little mystery, ya know?

I have found that rattle can paint doesn't want to stick to the steal. I'm thinking about finding some aluminum and having them powder coated. It'll cost more. No idea how much, though. It's just a thought. I've got some rust showing through where the paint has chipped off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone still have the scraps from doing this mod that they would be willing to part with? I think i am going to try and replicate the stock pattern in the lower grille and the scraps would be perfect.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have mine, but they arent anywere close to big enough to do the bottom. The biggest part has the burger right in the middle so you cant even use it.

See..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts