Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will anyone calm my nerve?
I have a ‘06 Titan that fired up with the turn of a key. I’m now experiencing a delay unlike before.
What lurks ahead if anyone can chime in please. Thx

·
Registered
2 Posts
My problems began with a similar hesitating ignition. It then led to a perfectly fine battery draining over night. I have been chasing this issue for months. Below is a response I posted on a different thread just moments ago.

I have a 2010 Titan SE Crew Cab ( 146,000 miles) with the same exact issues. It started 4 months ago with an intermittent no start but then would fire right up with no problem. It became a bigger issue in temps below 40 degrees F and in damp conditions. I replaced the battery, the negative battery cable, the positive fusible link block, with no luck. I went ahead and replaced the alternator and IPDM, but that did not help. I then discovered a parasitic draw of 70mA draining my new battery overnight (it should only be 30-35mA in sleep mode). After downloading the service manuals and spending many hours researching, I performed mA draw tests pulling fuses individually...still no luck. I performed a voltage drop test on every fuse...still no luck. I read of many people blaming the ECM relay on the IPDM. I had already changed my entire IPDM, so the relay didn't seem like it could be the problem. I just in the past day found the cause of my parasitic draw. It was a single wire connected to a positive lug at the battery fusible link block. I returned to the service manual to further study the power supply wiring diagram and discovered that this solid white wire was a fusible link feeding the ECM relay control. It is Terminal 7 in the schematic and terminates into a harness on the IPDM (E119 or E43, depending on whether you have type A or type B IPDM). Terminal 1 and 2 from the battery fusible link block are primary feeds to the ECM. I have yet to remove the braided housing and further inspect the Terminal 7 wire but can feel a splice and fuse thru the jacket. I suspect this fusible link has melted and is causing all of my problems. I am on pause until I get another day off from work. I will post my results when I finish troubleshooting. I understand your frustration for spending unnecessarily on parts and labor. I hope this info helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts