Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the steps to detail your truck. I just want to make sure I'm doing them in the correct order. Here is the steps i do in order:

Wash truck
Liquid Paint Cleanor
Scratch and Swirl Remover
Polish
Wax

Is this the correct order?

· SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,478 Posts
1. Call Charles
2. Pay Charles
3. Admire final results.

· Registered
315 Posts
step 1 find mud hole
step 2 drive through mud hole
step 3 repeat step 2 for 30 minutes or so
step 4 find a car wash (do it your self after hours) risen off titan
step 5 find mud hole

· SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,478 Posts
firecracker said:
who's the "Charles" character? will he do mine?

BTW....I believe that is the correct order.
"Charles" is the mobile car wash/detail guy who visits the offices my wife works in. He does both our cars. We plan ahead so she takes my truck to work and I take her Durango. Does a fabulous job. Yes, he will do yours. If you bring it to VA Beach. Beer is in the fridge.

· Registered
559 Posts
redskinsdaddy said:
step 4 find a car wash (do it your self after hours) risen off titan
Yes!!!!! Please do this.......This step is what allows me (and other detailers nationwide) to suppliment my income each week when I get paid to remove swirls, scratches, and other major imperfections out of peoples paint jobs from the $1.50 do it yourself washes!!!!!! LOL

· SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
4,115 Posts
jhromy said:
What are the steps to detail your truck. I just want to make sure I'm doing them in the correct order. Here is the steps i do in order:

Wash truck
Liquid Paint Cleanor
Scratch and Swirl Remover
Polish
Wax

Is this the correct order?
Unlike others :D..... I have some useful info for you. Just did mine this past weekend.

· Registered
351 Posts
Don't let the dealer wash your rigs after servicing, most use brushes that put nice swirls in your clearcoats.....found out the hard way, newest dealer I go to handwashes with a mitt which is nice......ask!

· Registered
3,979 Posts
Damn, I really need to take an entire day or two to detail our trucks... Usually, I wash it, dry it, and wax it.

Although, Rob gave me a clay bar to use. I need to try that out as well.

Good post, Jhromy!

· Registered
2,044 Posts
Plan on doing a full Zaino job on my truck this weekend. Never used Zaino before so I'm excited to see how it turns out. I've seen several trucks done but no smoke ones. I'll try to post some pics when/if I get it done.

4,115 Posts
ttugrad95 said:
Plan on doing a full Zaino job on my truck this weekend. Never used Zaino before so I'm excited to see how it turns out. I've seen several trucks done but no smoke ones. I'll try to post some pics when/if I get it done.
Zaino advanced polymer polish with activator... sweet stuff.

I did 3 coats with only 1.5 oz. by the 3rd coat it looked wet.

· Registered
901 Posts
where do you get zaino?

4,115 Posts
whirichardson said:
where do you get zaino?
Here's your man. I've only used the Z-3 polish with accelerator.

· Registered
57 Posts
autopia.org Everything you could possibly want to know about detailing.
I like Klasse AIO, but you can't go wrong with Zaino either.
A Porter Cable orbital buffer and some good pads make the job easier.

· Registered
60 Posts
Matchgrade, only problem with Autopia is you may turn OCD like I did. Neighbors think I NUTS!!! I just bought my 07 KC last week and I am going crazy because the weather has been rainy!

But seriously, Autopia is THE detail site on the Internet. More info then you will ever need plus lots of good answers.....

:reading:

· Registered
57 Posts
seniorgp said:
Matchgrade, only problem with Autopia is you may turn OCD like I did. Neighbors think I NUTS!!! I just bought my 07 KC last week and I am going crazy because the weather has been rainy!

But seriously, Autopia is THE detail site on the Internet. More info then you will ever need plus lots of good answers.....

:reading:
My neighbors already consider me OCD over my vehicles. They didn't think I was nuts until I told them how much I would charge to detail their vehicles.:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts