Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
2,044 Posts
Well I applied the Zaino today and man am I beat. I must say that this is the easiest wax I have ever used as far as application and buffing off. The bi**h part of the job was the prep work, claybaring with a dawn wash before and after although the claybar went much easier than I anticipated. You can really feel the crap coming out of the paint, first couple of strokes its rough and kind of grabs, then its smooth. All in all I did 1 coat of Z5 and 2 coats of Z2. Here are the results, I'm quite pleased. It looks better than new.

Attachments

· Registered
2,044 Posts
Even if your going to just turn around and get it dirty its just as much about paint protection as it is looks. Besides, with a good wax job the mud washes off a little easier.

· Registered
3,527 Posts
I just spent the last 5 hours waxing my Titan. This is the second time I used Zymol cleaner wax. It turned out great, but today I wanted to use the bottle of Turtle Wax Ice I bought six months ago. I did do the roof and 1/2 the hood with the Ice, and it works well and is very easy to apply and remove. I stopped using the Ice after I noticed it does not remove any water spots. Anyway, The Ice shine is just as good as the Zymol and much easier to use, but do not use it if you have any water spots. Also, the Ice worked wonderfully on the black plastic exterior parts and left a nice black shine. Ice is a polish and not a cleaner wax.

· SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
4,115 Posts
suddenurge said:
I just spent the last 5 hours waxing my Titan. This is the second time I used Zymol cleaner wax. It turned out great, but today I wanted to use the bottle of Turtle Wax Ice I bought six months ago. I did do the roof and 1/2 the hood with the Ice, and it works well and is very easy to apply and remove. I stopped using the Ice after I noticed it does not remove any water spots. Anyway, The Ice shine is just as good as the Zymol and much easier to use, but do not use it if you have any water spots. Also, the Ice worked wonderfully on the black plastic exterior parts and left a nice black shine. Ice is a polish and not a cleaner wax.
You gotta get the water marks out before you wax or seal... a quik detailer spray and mivrofiber towel will quickly remove the water marks before you wax.

· Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
i spent a couple hours yesterday detailing my truck with the steps i posted earlier. I used all meguiars products and the truck came out great. It did rain over night but next time i wash it i'll get some pictures.

· Registered
178 Posts
I usually just wash and wax/polish my truck. But when it's time for waterspot removal and claybar and all that kind of stuff it's off to the professionals....they have way more patience then I do!!

4,115 Posts
Kelii said:
I usually just wash and wax/polish my truck. But when it's time for waterspot removal and claybar and all that kind of stuff it's off to the professionals....they have way more patience then I do!!
Sled looks awesome dog!! Let's see some more pics, pics, pics.

Dat's one bagged baracuda. Nice work... keep stylin'.

· Registered
388 Posts
I really appreciate all the info in this thread, thanks for the postings. I just got back from a drive to the Poconos and after 6- 7 hours of round trip on I-81 and assorted back roads, the front end of my Titan looks like somebody slammed a few orders of southern-fried bar-b-que'd bugs all over it. Any specific tips for making the clean-up of the OE brush guard any easier??

4,115 Posts
Medicineman said:
I really appreciate all the info in this thread, thanks for the postings. I just got back from a drive to the Poconos and after 6- 7 hours of round trip on I-81 and assorted back roads, the front end of my Titan looks like somebody slammed a few orders of southern-fried bar-b-que'd bugs all over it. Any specific tips for making the clean-up of the OE brush guard any easier??
Wow... sounds like you slammed a herd of locusts LOL j/k

For those "baked-on" bugs I always use easy off... no, don't use that. Try some Mother's pre-wax cleaner. Just stick your hand in a clean white sock, squeeze a little on it and... rub. They will come off quite easily. Then just buff it and wash your truck like normal.

· Registered
388 Posts
BWR,
Thanks for the suggestion I'll give the pre-wax clnr a shot. Yeh, my first inclination was to try some easy-off, I just couldn't find an oven large enough to pre-heat the front end to 325 deg. Fahr. //LOL.

· Registered
559 Posts
Medicineman said:
Take an old large towel if you have one, get water from inside house faucet as hot as you can, soak the towel in the hot water, then lay it over the brush guard or hood area where bugs remnants are, let it sit for 30-45 minutes, come back out and they will be loosened up enough to just wipe off or w/ a little soap and water should come off easily.

4,115 Posts
LAfirefytr said:
Take an old large towel if you have one, get water from inside house faucet as hot as you can, soak the towel in the hot water, then lay it over the brush guard or hood area where bugs remnants are, let it sit for 30-45 minutes, come back out and they will be loosened up enough to just wipe off or w/ a little soap and water should come off easily.
Yeah.... then take a fresh fusion razor to it for that baby smooth close shave LOL!

· Registered
388 Posts
Blue_Water_Rush said:
Yeah.... then take a fresh fusion razor to it for that baby smooth close shave LOL!
I gotcha BWR, then a quick slap of some Aqua Velva and she'll be ready to go.LOL

· Registered
178 Posts
Blue_Water_Rush said:
Sled looks awesome dog!! Let's see some more pics, pics, pics.

Dat's one bagged baracuda. Nice work... keep stylin'.
Thanks!! I got a couple more in the gallery. I haven't quite figured out how to do the whole slideshow or video thing yet. but I am working on it....

· Registered
559 Posts
Medicineman said:
I gotcha BWR, then a quick slap of some Aqua Velva and she'll be ready to go.LOL
I prefer BRUT 33!....LOL

· Registered
2 Posts
What are the steps to detail your truck. I just want to make sure I'm doing them in the correct order. Here is the steps i do in order:

Wash truck
Liquid Paint Cleanor
Scratch and Swirl Remover
Polish
Wax

Is this the correct order?
Everything is fine, only there are questions about the use of tools and tools for detailing. Today I can advise you to read additional material Best car cleaning steamer | How to choose auto detailing steamer which I personally use here there is information about an interesting car interior cleaning machine. In general, steam cleaning has long been popular only in narrow circles, since not everyone knows how to use it, but now there are such steam cleaners that even a child can handle and steam cleaners are much more efficient than conventional vacuum cleaners.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts