Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just want to say hello and glad to be apart of Club Titan. I am considering building a basic turbo kit for the Titan's at the momment. The kit will most likely be a non i/c 6psi kit running a TO4e however I am trying to figure out a cost effective and efficient fuel system upgrade right now. I am building one for myself now and if I do like the way it turns out I will be selling them for under three thousand dollars.

Dez

·
Registered
473 Posts
Welcome to CT and good luck with the turbo kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I went from racing 1990-2000 to the adult industry 2000-present but now I've worked my business to have enough time to do the things I love which is build turbo systems. I have built kits for everything including civics, integras, fieros, jeeps, bmw, mustang, focus, zx2 etc(probably about 50 different platforms). I just bought a 2008.5 Titan and I am absolutely in love with the truck! Hopefully I can have something ready by x-mas for sale. I'm just wondering if there is even a market for a basic kit and maybe you guys could shed some light about the popularity of my idea.

Dez

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
Macbeef said:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I went from racing 1990-2000 to the adult industry 2000-present but now I've worked my business to have enough time to do the things I love which is build turbo systems. I have built kits for everything including civics, integras, fieros, jeeps, bmw, mustang, focus, zx2 etc(probably about 50 different platforms). I just bought a 2008.5 Titan and I am absolutely in love with the truck! Hopefully I can have something ready by x-mas for sale. I'm just wondering if there is even a market for a basic kit and maybe you guys could shed some light about the popularity of my idea.

Dez
sts turbo has a universal kit out and they are trying to get a titan do do some beta testing. as for tuning id call uprev. they are the ones that can get the most out of your turbo setup instead of a piggyback unit.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Well a few of us are eager to get somthing rolling. Like you said around 5-6 lbs as for now. I would be curious how you plan to do it. It seems a mid pipe mounted turbo after the headers would be the easiest way. We are really cramped for space under the hood. Vortech charged s/c kit comes with 42lbs injectors and a fuel pump btw. Also the FFV titans (flex fuel) are said to have larger injectors and can flow more. BTW where are you located? Uprev is your only way to tune as of now but i dont think they are offering 08 support as of yet. www.uprev.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly there are a couple ways to do it, Either just running the driver side bank to the turbo or creating a x-over pipe to feed the new turbo manifold. As far as fuel Im going to try adding extra injectors before the TB to see if that works but Im not sure with the way the intake manifold is set up that fuel would get distributed evenly. The main thing is cost I'm worried about becuase spending 6-8k on a twin turbo setup is out of range for a lot of people and especially when you start blowing things up. This kit will be a basic 5-6psi kit that will retail for under 3k and will give more performance than 3k in bolt-ons but as far as going crazy with twin turbos I dont think it is safe and in the end your going to get hit in the wallet hard(motor builds,tranny/driveline breaks). When I build the kit I will leave room for a I/C pipingif you choose to add one later but the kit will remain basic. Hope this helps! I live in Orange County, CA.

Dez

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Macbeef said:
Honestly there are a couple ways to do it, Either just running the driver side bank to the turbo or creating a x-over pipe to feed the new turbo manifold. As far as fuel Im going to try adding extra injectors before the TB to see if that works but Im not sure with the way the intake manifold is set up that fuel would get distributed evenly. The main thing is cost I'm worried about becuase spending 6-8k on a twin turbo setup is out of range for a lot of people and especially when you start blowing things up. This kit will be a basic 5-6psi kit that will retail for under 3k and will give more performance than 3k in bolt-ons but as far as going crazy with twin turbos I dont think it is safe and in the end your going to get hit in the wallet hard(motor builds,tranny/driveline breaks). When I build the kit I will leave room for a I/C pipingif you choose to add one later but the kit will remain basic. Hope this helps! I live in Orange County, CA.

Dez

orange county eh!? well ur close enough to me! I have software if you get going and wanna hook up to the laptop. BTW stillen s/c kit uses stock injectors with new fuel rails, and has smaller injectors for each cylinder that only feed fuel under boost. Not sure if its the best way to go but it has been done and works. Also the titan CORR truck was making over 700rwhp and claimed to be using stock crank, maby rods as well. one of the nicest things about these motors is the unbelievable tq output at such a low rpm for a gas motor. After a tune and some goodies it really moves. A turbo would be a dream

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes Mission Viejo! Honestly I am hoping an extra injector(2) w/controller set up will work. The plumbing shouldnt be so bad and thank you for the offer on the use of your scan, what tool do you have?

Dez

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Macbeef said:
Yes Mission Viejo! Honestly I am hoping an extra injector(2) w/controller set up will work. The plumbing shouldnt be so bad and thank you for the offer on the use of your scan, what tool do you have?

Dez
Im using Uprevs "Cipher" software. You can data log in real time. They just released an add on where we can fianally tune the truck ourself. Before we would data log and email the files and they would send us updated tunes for free we would install. I was lucky enough to be one of the origional uprev product owners and was granfathered in for free. I also have the Autoenginuity software. it can data log as well but a little slower than cipher. I dont use it much anymore but it works on almost all OBDII cars

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
most of us use cipher from Uprev to data log the truck look at the hard data from the logs and some users can fine tune the truck the software resembles HP tuners but we have a smaller RPM scale then you can have with HPT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Honestly now that I researched STS's systems it really seems like that is right way to go. The driver side bank is extremely tight and to mount the turbo in the engine bay can be done but Im not sold that that is the best way to do it. What I can do is create different options for fuel system without having to ecu tune or buy a fuel pump which will cut costs tremendusly. Running 6psi is laughable and you would barely need more fuel to be safe. When I have my kit done and tested I will be in touch with some of you! I will say it again the kit will be extremely basic but safe so if you want to tune beyond what I provide then that is up to you.

Dez

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Macbeef said:
Honestly now that I researched STS's systems it really seems like that is right way to go. The driver side bank is extremely tight and to mount the turbo in the engine bay can be done but Im not sold that that is the best way to do it. What I can do is create different options for fuel system without having to ecu tune or buy a fuel pump which will cut costs tremendusly. Running 6psi is laughable and you would barely need more fuel to be safe. When I have my kit done and tested I will be in touch with some of you! I will say it again the kit will be extremely basic but safe so if you want to tune beyond what I provide then that is up to you.

Dez
I talked to STS at sema and they have nice setups regardless of what most people think about remote setups. They eagerly want to do a titan but cant crack the ecu. They are trying to sub out to use a unichip piggyback butt as we have already tested here is that the unichip stuff is junk on these trucks. Dynos ad the same and in some cases a loss of hp and tq. I was offered a universal kit by STS fro $1900 delivered if i was to build and develop on my own. But i know for a fact otherr cars were only charged around $800-900 for being the test mule. i would rather build my own now that we have tunning capabiities. i just need to learn how to use the new software

1 - 16 of 16 Posts