Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought a Diamond Eye Exhaust for my 2013 Titan. It came in on Wednesday and I installed it that evening. Removal of the old exhaust was a snap and installing the Diamond wasn't much harder. All the pieces fit very well and alignment went smoothly.

Diamond Eye is a huge 3.5" system which I was hesitant about installing because of the possible loss of torque, but my butt dyno seems to think it hasn't lost any, and if it did it is very minimal.

I've read many posts about the Diamond Eye exhaust and everything I've read say's it's much quieter than one would think. But I'm here to tell you It's LOUD. When I say loud I don't mean it's obnoxious, it isn't. But it's louder than I was expecting. However, with that said. When I'm driving and hit cruising speeds in high gear it quiets down to a light rumble at about 45 - 50, then up at highway speeds of around 60 - 70 it's a bit more audible but no where near loud, it actually sounds quite good. It's just loud from idle up through the gears.

Although the exhaust can be heard at cruising speeds, all I hear is what exiting out of the tips, there's absolutely none of that wow-wow-wow-wow droanie crap in the cockpit that many systems have. Bottom line is I'm quite pleased with my choice.

My only complaint is that they forgot to include the tail pipe hanger for the drivers side, so the tips aren't aligned at the moment since I have it wired up for now until the hanger arrives (they sent one out to me). I had to do that because I have to drive my truck and it can't sit awaiting parts.

Pictures will be added after I get the drivers side tip hung in place, and I may get my son to help me do a short sound clip next time he comes over.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome dude now lets hear a vid!!
Sound clip and pictures are on hold at this time, we need our son to come over and help his old man with the video and sound. Coming sometime in the near future.

BTW, I don't know if you folks know much about Diamond Eye Performance. But from what I understand, they're located in a small Oregon town and most of their exhaust work is for diesels, that's why their pipes are so big. But one thing is for sure. These folks know exhaust. The pipes are all mandrel bent and smooth as a baby's behind. Each pipe that's slip fitted are OVER the pipe in front of it (as it should be), the fit of one pipe over the one in front of it is a nice snug fit (no sloppyness), the fit and alignment is is spot on, especially tough on a multi piece system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A couple of shots with some resonator tips installed. Now the exhaust sounds GREAT. Still kinda loud going up through the gears, but at cruising speeds between 35 - 40 it barely audible but you can tell it's there. Between 60 - 70 it gets a tad louder but nothing I consider LOUD, then at 80 it quiets down to just a nice mellow rumble. At no speeds is it ever too loud or obnoxious, it never over powers normal conversation, the radio, or my GPS.

Dano

·
Registered
78 Posts
How much was the kit?

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Are the tips from Summit? Inlet and outlet size?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are the tips from Summit? Inlet and outlet size?
No, the tips in the picture is a pair of blems I got off of a seller on ebay, one has a tiny dent and the other has some minor scratches, none of which can be seen once they're mounted. But I have since replaced them with some non-resonator tips with rolled ends. I like the sound of the non-resonator tips better, they're a tad deeper. But like the resonated tips, the non-resonated tips quiet down nicely at cruising speeds. Both sets of tips are 3.5" ID with a 4.5" OD. They look perfect coming out from under the bumper. Now when I see other Titans with the more traditional size exhaust pipes of 2.25 or 2.5 inches they look tiny.

Dano

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good. Did you notice any hp improvement? Or it's purely about the sound?
Well to be honest with you I really can't tell if there's a HP gain or not and impossible to tell without running it on a Dyno. But it surely doesn't feel like it's lost any torque. But my fuel mileage improved from an average of 16.4 to 17.8 according to the on board computer. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. - Dano :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What's the y pipe setup like? Is it a dual in muffler or does it merge before hand?
The 2013 doesn't have a "Y" pipe like the earlier version does. It has dual pipes going in to the muffler and dual pipes coming out.

From what I understand the later setup with the dual in / out will fit the earlier version with the "Y" pipe, it's supposed to be a direct fit.

Dano

·
Registered
422 Posts
The 2013 doesn't have a "Y" pipe like the earlier version does. It has dual pipes going in to the muffler and dual pipes coming out.

From what I understand the later setup with the dual in / out will fit the earlier version with the "Y" pipe, it's supposed to be a direct fit.

Dano
In 07 Nissan went to a dual in muffler and eliminated the ypipe design on the Titan. Most all of your aftermarket exhaust will still use the ypipe design as it with a good merge collector will perform as well if not better. Nice looking exhaust you have...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts