Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...so it seems to me that im adjusting my seat back all the time... i have a power driver seat. and at 6'1" tall i slide the seat all the way back. and tilt it back a little bit to be comfortable. well i can go shopping or run an errand and when i comeback out, ill be driving for about 20 mins and ill wonder why im sitting up so straight. i have to tilt it back a couple of inches all the time. iknow its only a couple of inches. but what the hell. im talking EVERYTIME! is this some sort of nissan thing?

·
Registered
406 Posts
A little confused because the CC SE isn't supposed to have driver seat memory like the LE, even with Captain chairs. If you do have power adustable seats AND there is a 3 button control on the lower drivers door, you'll need to set the seat how you want it (ignition ON and in PARK) then press the SET button followed by the #1 or #2 button (hold the 1 or 2 for a few seconds.) Also, the SE is not supposed to have a link to the remote entry, but if yours does for whatever reason, press and hold the UNLOCK button to the fob for a few seconds immediately following the button selection mentioned previously. That will link the button choice/seat position to the individual key fob. So, ignition OFF, key out, open door, the seat defaults to all the way back, etc. Unlock remotely, or insert key and the seat returns to the memory positon. All this is for naught if there isn't any program functions available (which there shouldn't be); you are just somehow hitting the adjuster button on the way in or out.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jlp said:
you are just somehow hitting the adjuster button on the way in or out.
this very well could be....hadnt really though of this...being tall. i have no problem getting in, i sort of just sit right into it....but maybe on the way out i sort of slide out and maybe i tip it forward a couple of inches. or i dont notice it and its a combination of a couple times in and out, and then im kissing the steering wheel. my SE doesnt to my knowledge have any sort of memory function.

·
SHIFT_Big_Pimp'n_Granny_Style
1,071 Posts
A few people, including myself, seem to have this problem. The seat just returns to a straight position, and mine slides forward a little.

Maybe someone who knows what is going on can chime in.

·
Registered
378 Posts
OK sit in your truck and pretend your getting out but do this very slow. You will see that your leg slides over the controls and the seat moves. I had the same problem and for two weeks I jumped in and jumped out when loading . The seat never moved but the next week I loaded regular and it moved again. Im 6'0' tall so its not my height. If you sit in your seat and hang a leg over and talk to a buddy you could kill yourself so be carefull.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JoshInTitan said:
A few people, including myself, seem to have this problem. The seat just returns to a straight position, and mine slides forward a little.

Maybe someone who knows what is going on can chime in.

YES!!! im not saying i might not be bumping the power controls a bit. BUT...... this is exactly what is happening. it slides forward a hair. and returns to straight up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Man, this has bugged me to the point I thought my mind was playing tricks on me but check this out...When you get in and sit on the seat edge, the seat cushion will push down and move the switch internally without even touching it! It's something we gotta deal with as I doubt there will be a fix to this coming. My wife's 2005 Armada does the same thing but she dosen't complain about it. Then again she's not 6' tall like myself either.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
The last time I posted this I was ridiculed somewhat but to help someone out, I will do it again. There were a FEW, not many that have had shorts in the seat motors. One of the techs actually got pinned up against the steering wheel while pulling a dash out one day and on mine, it moved forward while I was going down the interstate. After the seat motor was replaced, it has never done it again.

Now I will also say that the majority of the time people are hitting the buttons. The buttons are in a place that is just bad. And as you slide your legs over and put your feet on the ground, it is extremely easy to hit the buttons. I do it every now and then. Try this before you run to your dealership asking for a seat motor. For a couple of days, just get out watching where your leg goes. If you do this for a couple of days and your seat has not moved...this is your problem. If it still moves, then it may be the seat motor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is exactly what is happening...

Have had my Titan for a little over a week and I was blaming my son for messing with the seat but I didn't notice any drool left behind! I discovered what was happening by accicent. I was trying to hitch the truck up to the camper and while I was getting in and out making sure I was lined up to the hitch, I noticed the seat moving on me...looking around and I found my leg was hitting the controls. The only solution that I can think will fix the problem besides Nissan retrofitting the controls is to get step bars and use them. I have plans to get the step bars as soon as I save up enough cash. That should stop the mysterious seat movement!

·
Registered
650 Posts
At least I'm not crazy

I am also 6'1" and thought I was going nuts when my seat was always in a different position, because I knew I didn't have memory seats in my SE.

Well at least I have a reason now to buy the crome stepbars

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LNDBYR said:
Well at least I have a reason now to buy the crome stepbars
thats just what i was thinking!!! can you get the nissan factory ones in stainless? i love the oval look. and the chrome look too. but i think ill endup taking the off in a few year cause they are rusting if i dont get stainless. where can i get some oval with end caps in stainless. i like this look better then the one that make a 90 degree turn and go under the truck.

·
Registered
650 Posts
All I know is my Pathfinder had the factory painted step bars and they rusted trough in 3 years.

If you find some in crome please let me know

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I had the same problem with my seat seeming to lean forward everytime i would get itno the truck. It turned out that whenever I got into it i was hitting the tilt button causing the seat to sit up. One day I finally figured it out. I still hit that button, which is in a bad place, but i've learned to live with it. This is my first vechicle with power seats so I was kinda freaked out by it moving all the time too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Did it to me too. Quit after I got the step bars. If was definately me hitting the buttons as a rolled in/out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm about 6`10" , so I had this problem from the get go. I eventually pulled the two electrical connections under the seat just to preserve my sanity. Eventually I did a re-adjustment of the worm gear that drives the seat and got about four more inches ,(just leg room). With the mini lift up front and the visor removed I have a much better view of the road then with that stock rake.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
biggtone said:
I'm about 6`10" , so I had this problem from the get go. I eventually pulled the two electrical connections under the seat just to preserve my sanity. Eventually I did a re-adjustment of the worm gear that drives the seat and got about four more inches ,(just leg room). With the mini lift up front and the visor removed I have a much better view of the road then with that stock rake.
I'm 6'6", I would like to get more leg room from my truck too. Adjusting the worm gear. This will cause the seat to go back futher. How hard is this to do, cuz this seems like something that could be right up my alley.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My alteration got a little complicated because I also dropped the back of the seat frame down two and a half in. The seat can be adjusted rearward easily by undoing the wormgear brace (just one bolt to loosen) and rotating it around and around the gear until you are about two and a half to three in. from it's original position. Move the seat manually till the brace lines up again with it's bracket and retighten. It can probably be done without removing the four bollts that retain the seat, but I suggest you pull them and give yourself some room to work. You should be able to merely tilt the seat back and do the mod, it's awkward to handle,and I know you don't want to scratch baby up.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
LNDBYR said:
All I know is my Pathfinder had the factory painted step bars and they rusted trough in 3 years.

If you find some in crome please let me know
Hey guys you can get the OEM Texas titan bars. Same as the painted one, but come in the chrome found on th Texas titans. YourNissanParts.com has them available.

·
Registered
879 Posts
For the love of God, we have Titans driving Titans!!!!! At 6'1" I must be the shortest guy in the club!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts