Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys im wondering what changed on the titans for 2011? compared to the prior years?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Nothing that I know of other then the XE, SE, LE went to S, SV, and SL. Nothing has really changed since 08 when the truck got a slight freshening.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so from 08 up its pretty much the same? My brother in law has a 2010 SE and mine is the SV and there is nothing different. Did nissan change anything on the motors for 08 and up?

·
Registered
317 Posts
so from 08 up its pretty much the same? My brother in law has a 2010 SE and mine is the SV and there is nothing different. Did nissan change anything on the motors for 08 and up?
Motors are the same from 07-11...different programing and VVT was all that was added those years compared to 06 and earlier. there is something different as far as the TQ converter goes. the change happened somewhere between 09-10. i dont know if it is different/upgraded, or if the programming is just different. my old 08 did not shift like my 2010. earlier lockup to save gas is the most noticeable thing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Motors are the same from 07-11...different programing and VVT was all that was added those years compared to 06 and earlier. there is something different as far as the TQ converter goes. the change happened somewhere between 09-10. i dont know if it is different/upgraded, or if the programming is just different. my old 08 did not shift like my 2010. earlier lockup to save gas is the most noticeable thing.
Yes, Nissan definitely changed the TQ convertor programming strategy on the 2010 and newer trucks. From what I gathered on these forums, they seem to lock up a lot earlier sending the rpms way down low which many have complained about.

I don't know if this scheme has any real world effectiveness to it because if it bogs down too low for the conditions, the driver will just step on it unlocking the convertor and sending the rpms up high for a possible downshift.

I wonder if Nissan lowered the stall speed for the TQ convertor as well??? Anyone with a 2010 or newer Titan can test to see if this is true...

·
Registered
317 Posts
i just keep my T in 4 until i hit 60 mph. still locks up so there is no overheating or wear issues. keeps my rpms up about 300 more keeping me in a better hp range. been averaging better mpg too actually. there is a thread on here or TT somewhere talking about this. i wrote like a page on it lol.

only issue ive seen by doing this is it tends to unlock late under hard braking compaired to when its in D...causes a little bit of driveline lash. i need/want traction bars

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drove my buddys 04 today and there is def a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts