Nissan Titan Forum banner

Discovered Hidden Feature

5K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  majon1 
#1 ·
When I purchased my truck, the dealer did a pretty poor job of showing me all of the features. Well, I accidentally discovered a feature I knew nothing about this morning. This only applies to trucks that have power windows. Some of you may already know this. For the people who don't, here you go: Stand outside the truck and put your key in the lock on the driver's side. Turn the key halfway to the right and GENTLY lift on the handle - Your front windows will automatically roll down. Turn the key halway to the left, and it will roll them up. I thought it was pretty cool. I have a base model XE Crew Cab.

#4 ·
Actually if you hold down the unlock button on the key fob and continue to hold it the windows will go all the way down. Or as far down for as long as you hold the unlock button..My Z does the same thing.

#12 ·
I would love to know how to disable that %&#$ing option! More thieves than owners know about it!
Read my post from Nov 3:
My Titan was broken into yesterday and I thought I would post a warning to others regarding, what I view, as a flaw in the design of the driver's-side door. The thieves gained access by popping off the plastic cover around the keyhole on the driver's- side door. They pried up the metal above the keyhole and inserted a tool of some kind through the opening. Manipulating this tool they were able to open both windows on the front doors, thereby achieving alarm-free access to the vehicle by not opening a door. I am worried that this is common-knowledge on the street and may be the first of many, relatively easy, break-ins.

[/url][/quote]

#13 ·
juanacoffee said:
I am worried that this is common-knowledge on the street and may be the first of many, relatively easy, break-ins.

[/url]
[/quote]
Don't you think that posting this will only spread that info more? After all, anyone can read these posts.
Something to consider...

#14 ·
I suspect that the thieves are well aware of the flaw considering that they have their own forums where they post all the latest in break-in info (as told to me by my insurance adjuster).He also told me that not too many makes have this option but the ones that do are regular visitors to the claims depot. My intent was to inform my fellow Titan drivers of the risk and hope that someone had the info on how to disconnct the option.

#15 ·
scr38 said:
juanacoffee said:
I am worried that this is common-knowledge on the street and may be the first of many, relatively easy, break-ins.

Don't you think that posting this will only spread that info more? After all, anyone can read these posts.
Something to consider...
The car thieves are way above us so far as knowledge of obtaining access to vehicles. I think this was a good heads up for the uninformed,(us) rather then a help to thieves.

#16 ·
juanacoffee said:
I would love to know how to disable that %&#$ing option! More thieves than owners know about it!
I've read through the wiring diagrams and I'm not sure you CAN disable this feature. It appears to me that the power window & door lock/unlock switch is encompassed into one unit.

Wait....what about a "key" tumbler/switch from a KC XE? it shouldn't not be wired for power windows, should it? Just a thought.

#18 ·
KYFHO said:
When I purchased my truck, the dealer did a pretty poor job of showing me all of the features. Well, I accidentally discovered a feature I knew nothing about this morning. This only applies to trucks that have power windows. Some of you may already know this. For the people who don't, here you go: Stand outside the truck and put your key in the lock on the driver's side. Turn the key halfway to the right and GENTLY lift on the handle - Your front windows will automatically roll down. Turn the key halway to the left, and it will roll them up. I thought it was pretty cool. I have a base model XE Crew Cab.
Oh wow! I knew I could roll them down that way but I didn't know about the "handle hold" to get them up! Excellent! Thanks.

#19 ·
WAY TOO COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so exited about this window and seat thing I went out in the rain tonight just to try it. :D I then dragged the wife out with me. She just doesn't get it. :? The cool factor is foreign to most, I say most, women. Alot of men to.

#20 ·
Re: WAY TOO COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlatBlack said:
I was so exited about this window and seat thing I went out in the rain tonight just to try it. :D I then dragged the wife out with me. She just doesn't get it. :? The cool factor is foreign to most, I say most, women. Alot of men to.
I agree with you. My wife said "What's the big deal?"

#21 ·
I found out that if you unlock the doors with the key fob, but don't actually open them, the truck will lock itself again in a few minutes. Imagine that's so if the keyfob button gets accidentally pushed, our trucks are still safe.

#23 ·
Re: Recliner

FBlade said:
Here's something that my sales rep showed me. You can turn the back seat into a lazyboy. Kind of nice for watching a movie!
That's a neato trick!! 8O Now if it'd only do shiatsu massage, I'd never leave my truck! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.