1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A
UTQG: 480 A,B (P-Metric Sizes)

Click here for: Sizes, Specs, and Pricing on the BFG Rugged Terrain T/A

A new member of BFG’s line up, the Rugged Terrain T/A perfectly blends highway ride and handling with the traction
needed for the occasional off-road adventure. Its rugged good looks and tread design will appeal to a wide variety of
truck and SUV drivers. The tire is available in a broad range of P-Metric and LT sizes from 15 to 20-inch.

TECHNOLOGY

Bold Off-Road Look with a Smooth and Quiet Highway Ride.

- Get the aggressive look your truck demands and reserve the right to venture off the beaten path, when you feel like it.

Uncompromised grip on wet roads.

- With two large circumferential grooves that evacuate water while you drive, we've got you covered. So don't let a little rain stand in your way, get out and play.

More miles, more adventure.

- Backed by a 50,000 mile Manufacturer's Limited Treadlife Warranty.

REVIEWS

Michelin Debuts Long-Awaited BFG Rugged Terrain Tire ~ TireReview.com

Customer Reviews

MEDIA

If you are running the BFG Rugged Terrain T/A, post your review here along with a picture or two – we, as well as BFGoodrich, would love to read them.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
how come there is no Discount Tire in Kansas??? :D I moved to Ft. Riley and nothing out here i can trust to do my tires... ugh. :D

I am in need of a good all terrain tire for the winter... :D

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Does this tire replace the Rugged Trail tire? What does the T/A stand for?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I Believe T/A (which is on a few BfGoodrich tires) means Traction Advantage, I had to settle for a different brand this time due to me waiting to long to get tires but BFs go on just about all my vehicles.

·
Site Sponsor
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how come there is no Discount Tire in Kansas??? :D I moved to Ft. Riley and nothing out here i can trust to do my tires... ugh. :D

I am in need of a good all terrain tire for the winter... :D
The Rugged Terrain T/A is not a dedicated All-Terrain tire although when it first came ouot I got a chance to test them in some light mud, loose dirt, and gravel roads and was pleased by their performance. On-road handling was excellent with very little road noise. Being all-season rated this tire should do pretty well in snow so I'm curious to see some reviews on this.

Does this tire replace the Rugged Trail tire? What does the T/A stand for?
If I remember correctly the Rugged Terrain will be phasing out the Rugged Trail and like Deedle said, T/A stands for Traction Advantage.

·
Site Sponsor
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BUMP ~ New Video added to the OP

And Don't forget the $50.00 BFG Mail-In rebate ends this Saturday.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No LT315? aww...oh well still looks like a nice tire. Oh and discount tire rocks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The "T/A" originally comes from B.F. Goodrich's history -- way back when they started selling radials in the 70s -- the B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A -- T/A stood for Trans Am, but they couldn't spell out Trans Am because the Sports Car Club of America owned exclusive rights to the name and licensed its usage to GM for use on the Firebird. This is a nice looking tire and I am eager to read the reviews.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts