Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After your purchase...Check these things out! :?:

I've been reading all the posts on this forum for several weeks now and haven't discovered a check-list for the new owner.

I have a Titan on order and there are obviously several things I should check on real soon after I take delivery, such as differential oil, brakes, etc.

Is there a check-list that includes all the things I should be on the look out for???

TIA!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
No there is not, but that is a good idea. I will make this post a sticky to get some ideas as to what should be included on this list, then combine the info into a "checklist".

·
Registered
753 Posts
Re:

This is a great idea but maybe it should have come from Nissan first. Ours would be a secondary checklist with Service bulletins from model years 2004-2005. It would give all new Titan owners something to go
over first and foremost with their prospective sellers. :eek:

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Paranoia May Destroy-a! :nervous: The Kinks

Sometimes too much info,is a Bad thing.
If an individual maintains proper maintenance, they can Eliminate more probs, than one who is looking for trouble. :devil:

For instance, I've yet to experience "Brake Judder", but I don't drive my Titan Daily.
The Titan is a Well built Truck, and I'm sure most Dealers have addressed all recall items on their lots. :learn:

Don't Worry; Be Happy! :rofl:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tattoomee said:
...I'm sure most Dealers have addressed all recall items on their lots. :learn:
I tend to dissagree. I think most dealers would rather do nothing until they're told to do it. I had a good sales experience, but still think that dealers are inherently lazy and not incented to tell the "whole" truth. Maybe I play too much poker, but any information is good information.

I had a similar question when I bought my Titan, and this thread gave me some insight...

Lessons Learned?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would ask the dealer to check all the fluids and any recalls/TSBs that need to be done before you pick it up. Change the oil, rear diff oil, front diff oil, and transfer case ATF before 1000 mi. The Tranny can probably wait a little longer, but I would do it by 10,000mi. Don't forget about the break-in period described in the manual, both for regular driving (1200mi?) and towing (500mi). The towing mileage starts when you start towing, not a 0.

Be prepared to get stared at and asked "what kind of truck is that?", "Do you like it?" , "Can I drive it?", etc, etc.

I'm sure others have more to add.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'll have to agree with all that. But, don't forget to check the little things too, such as splash guards, bed damage, window leaks, CD changer, things that most people don't think about until they don't work. I had to deal with all these little hassles and it took me about 2 weeks to get the dealership to fix them. Outside of that, I haven't had any mechanical issues. :fart:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I will compose a thread when we get a few more suggestions as to what should be included in the "newby checklist". I plan on adding links to the Magnuson Moss Act, so nobody will be affraid of doing mods, and would also like to include a link to the TSBS. I lost my link to Tsbs, anyone have it handy?

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts