Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any body had any tranny problems.The reason why I ask is because on another site they are saying that the Titan has real big tranny problems.
I did A google search and couldnt find any such info but though I would post it here since all of you own A titan..Just wondering
As for myself I dont have any tranny problems on my titan

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
no problems here.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I have read very few posts (here or other Titan web sites) about problems with the transmission and most of those were complaints about it down shifting without adjusting the gas pedal while towing. I've towed only a few times and never had that problem. Which site was it that you read about this?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it was A chevy forum.
They were bashing the titan.Saying it was no good,bad tranny's,to many rattles etc,etc
(LOL) it was fun to watch them squirm at the mention of the Titan..
I posted this on the chevy forum. I took this review from car and driver

In fact, our 5030-pound Titan clobbered 60 mph in 6.9 seconds. That’s 0.9 second quicker than either a Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab with a 345-horse Hemi or a GMC Sierra Denali with a 325-hp, 6.0-liter Vortec V-8—two of our favorite trucks. It’s odd to find yourself at the helm of a full-size pickup with such squeeze-and-squirt prowess. Heck, the Titan rolls through the quarter-mile at the same velocity as a Mercury Marauder, and it’s a 10th quicker.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yeah, you get that on a lot of the Big 3 truck forums, and the bashing happens here about their trucks too. I do not pay much attention to what others say about my choice of vehicle. I have the truck that's right for me and I know I made an informed decision before I decided on the Titan. And that informed decision did not involve going to a Chevy forum to ask their opinion on the Titan, Ram, or F-150. They may bag on the Titan over there but not all those Chevy guys are like that. One of my brothers is a big Chevy guy and has a nice Silverado (he has owned a teal colored Lumina in the past so he's a legit diehard Chevy man). Sure he enjoys the rivalry with Ford, but if someone tells him their thinking of buying an F-150 he doesn't start bashing their choice. He was glad I bought a Titan because he could finally try one out. I let him drive it for a while and he has much respect for it now. He told me recently that another Chevy guy at his work was bashing the Titan and he set him straight that he knew it was a damn nice fast full size truck.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
No tranny problems at all for me. Then I have been fortunate enough to dodge just about all the problems I have read about!

·
Registered
54 Posts
While towing my...........

7000lbs trailer it wont stay in overdrive. I know a guy that tow's a 5500lbs trailer and he does use overdrive.
My Titan has power to tow but goes through gas fast!!
I get 7.5 to 8.5 while towing!
Other then that no tran. issues.
God bless
Greg from Mi.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have about 60 some-odd dragstrip runs on mine. Add another 20 or so with a 50hp shot of nitrous. Shifts as good as the day I bought it even beating on it like that and 11k miles later. Clean fluid - no burnt stuff in there. Go ask those Chevy guys how long that 4L60E lasts in some of their rides...

·
Registered
507 Posts
I had a load (2,000 lbs plus I would guess) of flooring in the bed of my Titan and I had a jerking sensation in the tranny. I took it to service and talked to the tech. He advised that they have not had any problems with the tranny and looked mine over. Said he could not find anything wrong.

I have not had any problems with the tranny before or since this incident.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've noticed sometimes if I back up and put it in drive after I've come to a stop and give a little gas to get going it kinda jumps a little bit. I tried it again and waited a little before giving it any gas and it done fine. Might be the computer trying to think to fast and kinda gets confused. If I'm not mistaken it is a drive by wire system isn't it? Once before I didn't give the engine time to relay to the computer that it was time to go and the tranny was real sluggish, gave it gas and it just set there revving. Turned it off sat a few seconds,shifted, and everything was fine. Took it to the dealer and had a tech look at it and he said that sometimes when you move too fast the computer doesn't have time to recognize what you want it to do and it sorta shuts itself down. Haven't had any major problems though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When we pull a load with our 2004 titan our transmission is overheating. We pull a 27ft jayflight in IL. Dealer says they cannot even look at the problem unless it does it when I have it in, and I don't bring my camper to the dealer. Anyone else had problems??

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
There does appear to be some problems with the E-lock rear end... but I have never heard of tranny problems.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Ifyou pull a trailer weighing over 5000 lbs in overdrive, your MPG's will fall off and trans heat will be a problem. Keep it in 4.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have had no issues with the tranny. 14500 miles and lots of trailer towing and dirt roads in those miles. I think Ford trannys suck btw.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I have over 20k miles with no issues with my tranny probably just some scared chevy owners out there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
ang said:
When we pull a load with our 2004 titan our transmission is overheating. We pull a 27ft jayflight in IL. Dealer says they cannot even look at the problem unless it does it when I have it in, and I don't bring my camper to the dealer. Anyone else had problems??

if you are pulling it in D...yes...you will over heat it....NEVER...EVER...pull anythign heavy in D..always use 4th gear and it will cool right down.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Two of the biggest reasons I bought a Titan were the engine and transmission. After 30,000 it shifts like new. No worries for me, but I think it's to early to really tell.

I tow a bass boat. Not nearly as often as I would like though!

Don't get me started on other vehicles I've owned and their transmissions :evil: Let me just say transmission problems are why I'll never by another Ford. Ever.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts