Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a stumper for you guys. Here's the story...
Here's the breakdown: Shortly after smelling what we think was an electrical burn we got out of the car. We tried to lock the door with the door lock switch and it wouldn't work. So, we decided to do it manually. Upon trying to get back into the car the doors wouldn't unlock with the key. They wouldn't open until finally after messing with it forever it finally opened with the key on the drivers side. Now, the passenger door will not close and the driver side door will close but the switch will not work. The manual door locks don't move from the locked position.

Here's the thing. It's a Nissan Titan with aftermarket power door locks and power windows. We d/c'd the battery and it's still having the problem. So, we don't know if it's electrical or mechanical. We're pretty knowledgeable but can't seem to figure this one out. Props to whoever can figure this one out!!

Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
That is going to be tuff to diagnose being it is an aftermarket instal. To me it sounds like maybe the actuators are screwing up the works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be nice if it was just mechanical but why would both doors stop working? Isn't there two actuators (one in each door)?
The works=the entire system?

·
Registered
366 Posts
thinking about it if the manual switch does not move to the lock position check the locking cable. when you install after market actuators you need to tap into the cable, since the titan does not use rods like other vehicles, the cable probably snapped in half. too common when you tap into the cables and over tighten it or the cable does not have enough slack on it. you will have to remove the panels for this.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I would open up both door panels to make sure everything is connected properly. It could be a number of things but seeing every mechanism of how it works might help in the diagnosis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts