Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had their doors lock all by themselves? Sometimes after I park my truck the doors will lock a minute or too later all on their own. Is there a passive security feature on the 05 Titan?

·
Registered
251 Posts
On my 08 they lock after awhile, glad I had my keys with me when I went fishing or I'd been stuck lol

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have heard of it. Has your lock remote gotten wet or anything? Could be shorting out. Research the forums, because I believe someone else on this site has had the same problem before.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
If you unlock your door with the key fob and don't open any of the doors within 30 seconds or a minute, the doors will automatically lock again. This is a safety feature incase you unknowingly, accidently hit the unlock button, your truck will lock and will not be vulnerable to thieves.

·
Registered
98 Posts
.....or maybe...its....Christine...

Speaking of the key fob, when I was in my office i would come outside and my windows would be down...i was like WHAT THE HELL!??!! all the time....come to find out if u keep the unlock button pressed for an extended period of time, both the front drivers and passengers windows roll down. It was happening in my pocket. Everyone probably knows that, I didn't haha. Thought someone was messing with me.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Titan4Evah said:
.....or maybe...its....Christine...

Speaking of the key fob, when I was in my office i would come outside and my windows would be down...i was like WHAT THE HELL!??!! all the time....come to find out if u keep the unlock button pressed for an extended period of time, both the front drivers and passengers windows roll down. It was happening in my pocket. Everyone probably knows that, I didn't haha. Thought someone was messing with me.
I had my truck for more then a year before I found out about the window thing, someone from here told me that a couple of years ago.

·
Creator of the DUMBEST thread ever!
4,107 Posts
Kingoftheroad said:
I had my truck for more then a year before I found out about the window thing, someone from here told me that a couple of years ago.
Took me a while to figure this one out.... was wondering who had an extra key to my truck for a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody had their doors lock all by themselves? Sometimes after I park my truck the doors will lock a minute or too later all on their own. Is there a passive security feature on the 05 Titan?
I just had this on my 2018. There is a reset button in the steering column on the side has a little pop on cover

1 - 9 of 9 Posts