Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site. I have a 2004 Titan 4x4 Crew Cab LE. The left-side doors do not fit flush. Dealer says that they cannot be adjusted; likely a design or engineering problem. Anyone out there have the same problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the same problem on my 04 LE KC. My upper left corner of drivers door makes contact with upper left corner of the rear door. I reported the problem to salesperson when I purchased it Dec. 31 and they stated they would fix it. Have not had it back in, but will advise on the results.
Tom

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can you post some pictures or describe better. Need to understand where the door is not flush and some idea of how much your talking. Doors usually can be adjusted some by using shims and just plain brute force applied to the right spots. You can bet they align in the factory. The combination of manufacturing tolerances makes it nessecary to plan for the accumulated variation and adjust. Take a look at the service manual on Nissans site. Look at section BL (Body Lock And Security) under sub-section "Door". There are instructions for how the tech should fix under "Fitting and Alignment". Tell the service manager to read the book or you'll help him out real good on the survey.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I took my truck in for a rattle and it ended up being one of the door hinges poping. Before I found that out I asked them to adjust my doors to see if it got rid of my wind noise and they said there's no way to adjust the doors. The body shop said the hinges moved up and down and ordered new ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts