Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a McGaughys 2/3 lowering kit with drop shackle's and the stock overload spring.

The issue I have is a noticeable low speed vibration, mostly around 10-20MPH. I tried 2* & 4* pinion shims, installed forward and backwards with No change in the vibration.

I fabed up my own Carrier Bearing Spacer, since No One sells one for the Titan.

I stacked 2 pieces of 1" wide flat stock 3/16" thick, cut it 7.5" long and drilled them to fit over the CB studs. In my short test drive it has seamed to cure the low speed vibration.

I will post up if this did fix the low speed vibration and did not add a high speed vibration this weekend.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Tires been balanced lately?

·
Registered
494 Posts
You raised your CB or lowered it? I assumed you raised it since I think PRG sells a drop CB kit.

Any chance you can measure the angle of your trans and your pinion to see if they are the same? This is usually where the vibration comes into play. If you are off by too much, they don't like each other and will bind a little and cause the vibration and will result in a destroyed U-joint.

·
Registered
317 Posts
You raised your CB or lowered it? I assumed you raised it since I think PRG sells a drop CB kit.

Any chance you can measure the angle of your trans and your pinion to see if they are the same? This is usually where the vibration comes into play. If you are off by too much, they don't like each other and will bind a little and cause the vibration and will result in a destroyed U-joint.
he would have a 2pc driveshaft so his rear pinion shouldnt be the same as his trans output. you need to ensure that yours trans output angle is within +/-1 deg of your transmission slope deg and should be equal and opposite of that of your carrier bearing. lowing a truck should not affect the #1 driveshaft, only the #2. then check from your carrier bearing to ensure it is equal and opposite of your rear pinion....that is best at +/-4 deg. if thats all good, start hunting elsewhere. hit and miss with shims is MUCH more difficult and time consuming than measuring real quick and doing the math. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts