And what degree would I need please guys help
Me out I'm really startin to regret the drop:puke:

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have the same issue, but not as bad as it seems for you. I do have PRG traction bars and it's no help, so dont waste your money. Plus unless you call Greg and tell him you need longer brackets the traction bars dont mount up good. After lowering the angle is different and the bars are sitting right next to the frame. I am drawing up some bracket designs and going to re do mine eventually.

·
Premium Member
3,814 Posts
Add the overload leaf from the stock spring pack and the Jettech helper springs. This will stop the axle wrap, but it will raise the rear up about a 1". To get the rear back down 2" drop shackles will be needed. 2" shackles will only give you 1-1.5" of drop.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Axle wrap is when the torque on the axle tube tries to rotate the axle pinion up when under power. This twist causes the leaf springs to twist up into an 'S' shape then snap back which leads to loss of traction, wheel hop and usually broken parts.

I love my Hellwig traction springs.

·
Registered
746 Posts
^^^ I have the Hellwig LP15 helper springs and they work great. I tightened them down to a 1/2 inch from the top of the stock spring. I do notice that when going over bumpy roads the rear can get pretty violent... Almost as if it doesn't want to give in to the bumps, but rather spring back hard as hell. Does yours do this? Did I tighten mine down too much or do I need new shocks? lol Either way, when I load a bunch of materials in the bed or punch it from a stop, my Titan doesn't dip much and I do not get wheel hop.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine rides nasty bad feels like I'm in a
Lowrider hope I don't get hernia lol. I can't find
My stock overload springs 04titanss I think I took it off when I did the rear leaf mod. I'm thinking bout
Ordering pinion shims but don't know what degree you think a 1.5 degree will work with helper springs.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
^^^ I have the Hellwig LP15 helper springs and they work great. I tightened them down to a 1/2 inch from the top of the stock spring. I do notice that when going over bumpy roads the rear can get pretty violent... Almost as if it doesn't want to give in to the bumps, but rather spring back hard as hell. Does yours do this? Did I tighten mine down too much or do I need new shocks? lol Either way, when I load a bunch of materials in the bed or punch it from a stop, my Titan doesn't dip much and I do not get wheel hop.
Helper springs are not the same as traction springs. I have Hellwig traction springs that are for axle wrap.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
i need them bad then when i was at the track the last time i hopped really bad off the line
where can i get these traction springs. I've seen helper springs

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Here's a couple pic's of mine:

They definitely help w/ the axle wrap, but they squeak & clunk sometime's when it's wet out. I'd get the Helwig Traction Spring's if i were you!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
These are the exact helper springs I have:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HEL-1515/?rtype=10

suddenurge, this is what you have correct?

http://www.carparts.com/HELLWIG-PER...GP_2005971_N_111+20005267+600022285_10618.car

I understand the difference, but I am certain the helper springs also help with wheel hop. Why wouldn't it?
Yes, that's what I have. They have regular and heavy duty traction springs, and I have the HD set. The helper springs you referenced look like they leave an open gap on one end where the clamps mount. That gap would still allow the OEM spring to twist and allow axle wrap. The traction springs clamp tightly to the OEM springs on both ends. Here's a link where they show the Hellwig traction springs mounted: http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/race_prep/suspension/traction_bars.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Mine rides nasty bad feels like I'm in a
Lowrider hope I don't get hernia lol. I can't find
My stock overload springs 04titanss I think I took it off when I did the rear leaf mod. I'm thinking bout
Ordering pinion shims but don't know what degree you think a 1.5 degree will work with helper springs.
What exactly is yours doing? When you say it rides like a low rider, what does that mean?

Right now mine just vibrates slightly when I take off from a stop, then usually stops around 20mph or so. I assumed mine was axle wrap, but then I thought the traction bars might be causing the issue also. :confused: But it rides fine as far as ride quality goes. I raised it up to the highest setting on the shackles but it didnt affect it any. I was timid at first to lay down on it good, because i thought the angle of the driveshaft may have been changed too much. I have run all kinds of stuff through my head over it already! :love-sick-big:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yes, that's what I have. They have regular and heavy duty traction springs, and I have the HD set. The helper springs you referenced look like they leave an open gap on one end where the clamps mount. That gap would still allow the OEM spring to twist and allow axle wrap. The traction springs clamp tightly to the OEM springs on both ends. Here's a link where they show the Hellwig traction springs mounted: http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/race_prep/suspension/traction_bars.htm
wow.....lots o' options!!!! Thats a good link there.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Yea, the Helwig's are the way to go.

·
Premium Member
3,814 Posts
Modfreak you have a drive line vibration from the pinion angle being changed, it is not axle wrap. I have the same low speed vibration and have not had time to figure it out.

The Helper spring's do work. I have pulled a best of 1.81 60' time with them.

To add pinion shims you need to get a leaf spring center bolt with a extended head to be long enough to fit in to the spring perch on the axle. The stock center bolt head is to short.

1mntitan did you cut the rear bump stops in half?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.