Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know what it is it sounds like a "clok" noise it does that when u hit small bumps or pull out of a driveway. im also looking for front shocks that can be used with 2 inch drop springs i need to fix this issue its getting on my nerves :scheibe-big:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Mine dose that also :(

·
Registered
404 Posts
you are bottoming out on the front bumpstops, my 04 did that. look under there i'll bet you that you only have about a quarter inch gap between the bumpstop and the frame that hangs down for it. your struts are just prob shot so it saggs a little bit.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Probably is the small amount of play in the lower control arms. I made a recent post in the suspension section about it. Delrin Washers are the fix. There is about a 1/8th inch gap in the Lower Control arms which due to whatever shifting of weight or whatever slams the LCA into the frame creating your "CLUNK".

·
Registered
144 Posts
i dont know what it is it sounds like a "clok" noise it does that when u hit small bumps or pull out of a driveway. im also looking for front shocks that can be used with 2 inch drop springs i need to fix this issue its getting on my nerves :scheibe-big:
u have to do a small cut by the lower control arms u can stop by da house and look at my bros

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hey man, check out the Belltech Street performance front struts. The ride is good but their paint quality SUCKS!

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
u got a link to the street performance struts i dont care about the paint ill paint them flat black :D

and it does bottom out but it aint cause of that i think its the LCAs :) but i dont want to pay 40 bucks for 2 dollar washers i can get at the hardware store ;)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
You don't have to lower a titan for it to make noise, I've been listening to clunking from the front end for 40K miles now. The local dealer has a shop full of idiots that could only promise me nothing would fall off but couldn't stop the noise.
James

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have that "clunk" noise as well, think I did a post about it awhile back, though I have seen other threads discussing other potential issues that it could be the gas in the gas shocks, it could be more of a problem on the Pro-4x's, or non... the lower control arm... I remember hearing a similar sound in my Colorado when I leveled the front end with a TB crank, just not as loud, and I don't remember it pulling out of a driveway.

I am experiencing another "clunk" noise that I need to get to the stealer for. The front end makes the noise when I am turning to the left mostly, but also when I back out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Check my recent post, possible front end noise fixes. I address both known problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts