Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a sloppy e brake and have been on here searching for the pics and solutions. I know that I need to adjust it at the wheel and I know that they are smaller "drum" brakes located on the inner portion of the rear rotors. I also know that I have a nut that must be loosened before I can remove the rotor. What I dont know is where the heck this nut is located???????? I have the right rear weel and caliper off and have looked but I dont see. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I don't recall a nut holding the rotor on. The service manual doesn't indicate a nut either. Then again the service manual shows a picture of a rotor with only 5 lug nuts. Once the lug nuts are removed and if the parking brake is disengaged then you should be able to remove the rotor. If it needs some encouragement (not unusual) use a rubber mallet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have figured it out I think, and it does appear that I will have to whack the another out of it. However I have decided to get the parts before I tear into it due to the fact I am afraid when I start hacking on it things may break.

·
Registered
451 Posts
You don't have to whack the crap out of it to remove it. There's a 10mm nut that requires a deepwell socket to loosen located under the dash and is part of the foot lever for the e-brake. Grab a flashlight, flip upside-down, and crawl up in the driver's footwell and you'll see it on the frontside of the foot lever mech. Loosening that nut will take tension out of the e-brake so you can slide the rotors off the rear. Back that nut off 1/2-3/4" and the rotors should come off with just a little tappy-tap.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
You don't have to whack the crap out of it to remove it. There's a 10mm nut that requires a deepwell socket to loosen located under the dash and is part of the foot lever for the e-brake. Grab a flashlight, flip upside-down, and crawl up in the driver's footwell and you'll see it on the frontside of the foot lever mech. Loosening that nut will take tension out of the e-brake so you can slide the rotors off the rear. Back that nut off 1/2-3/4" and the rotors should come off with just a little tappy-tap.
Good point!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts