Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently received the recall notice for the ECM Relay.. Currently my truck is running fine.. I have installed a CAI with TPS and a Bully Dog Tuner..

I believe the recall is on the relay first and ECM if needed.. If the ECM needs replacement will my tuner still work properly.. The truck runs strong now and once re-tuned to stock for recall work and then reinstalling tune I would not be happy if performance is compromised..

· Registered
3,527 Posts
I have recently received the recall notice for the ECM Relay.. Currently my truck is running fine.. I have installed a CAI with TPS and a Bully Dog Tuner..

I believe the recall is on the relay first and ECM if needed.. If the ECM needs replacement will my tuner still work properly.. The truck runs strong now and once re-tuned to stock for recall work and then reinstalling tune I would not be happy if performance is compromised..
If your truck is running fine, they will only replace the IPDM relay. Just tell them under no circumstances are they to hook the Consult to your truck without your permission. I had the relay recall done a few weeks ago.

· Registered
798 Posts
The only thing they did to my truck was pull out the old relay and install a new one. In and out in 5 minutes. The paperwork takes longer than the task. There is nothing in the recall work order that involves the ECM.

· Registered
70 Posts
have a question after reading this...

where can one go to find a place to check for tsb's.....??

when did this come out? as my truck was in last week w/ no notices!!

· Registered
3,527 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
cool bit of info - thank you.

yes it was vehicle year specific; but i was not looking for a list of all of them. rather than a place that shows outstanding 'recalls' if you will...issues that need to be fixed...

i did find some interesting info on the tpms thou in reading thru those bulletins...for example: each sensor has a battery in it that as we all know 'batteries dies'...could be cause for 1 or more of mine causing the lite to come on here frequently...as i don't think the nitro is leaking as much as the sensor is failing causing it to go low. it is worth checking out - next time it comes on again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.