Nissan Titan Forum banner
201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Guys (and gals),

I need some help on this.

Talking with technosquare on the phone, they don't need a dyno sheet, but the a/f mixture (ratio).

I don't have a dyno shop near me, but I have a shop that has software that can read a/f ratios, would that be the info they need at t-square?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
buzzkillwill said:
Guys (and gals),

I need some help on this.

Talking with technosquare on the phone, they don't need a dyno sheet, but the a/f mixture (ratio).

I don't have a dyno shop near me, but I have a shop that has software that can read a/f ratios, would that be the info they need at t-square?
Buzz, you didn't get an A/F ratio printout on your dyno run?

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
This is one of the only threads up here that talks about a Cam possiblity for us. Has anyone heard any updates on when Jim Wolf or anyone else will be releasing a Cam?

Hypothetically speaking, if you installed the cam, you would THEN want to reflash the ECU, correct? And by reflashing it, it does NOT including the 2 degree timing advance, correct? This is a tricky little truck we've got here. Chime in if you have some info.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I will definitely be reflashing the ecu after the cam install, but it will be done by technosquare. You will not have to get the ecu reflashed as it will learn what you did to it pretty quick, but the 2 degree advance will be lost due to how long the battery will be unplugged.

I spoke to Wolfe about 2 weeks ago and they are still in the testing stage with 8 different billets from the foundry (for the street version of our motor). He told me that they would be done and ready for order by the end of July to the first couple of weeks of August. Then he said, definitely before summers end.

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
cams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess im out on this one.....

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Only until they make cams for boosted Titans!

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
QShip said:
Only until they make cams for boosted Titans!
wooooooooooooooo hooooooooooo, bring on the cams for boosted titans..lol

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Alright Q and Jon. Back off and let us little guys do what we can to catch up!

:)

That sounds good Shailey. Keep us posted on the progress and HOPEFULLY they'll have a group buy or some kind of initial promotional sale.

I wish that there was a TS place here on the EAST coast, or atleast someone who is affiliated with them so I could take the truck to them, instead of shipping off the ECU.

Glad to know I'm only a month or 2 away from more HP options!

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
What I will actually do is when they contact me to let me know that they are available for shipping, I will start a new post in te performance mods section.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
No, because the computer will continue to store codes and be able to be scanned using the Consult.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I am going to send mine off the week after next. I am going to be busy next week and will not have any time to mess with my truck, so I will do it one week from monday. I was going to wait until I got the cams put in, but I cannot wait. After speaking with them today, I will have it done now and then again when the cams are put in.

Here is what will be done:

Ignition Timing Advance: This goes beyond the initial timing 2* advance. This allows higher timing in the upper rpm range for more torque in the higher rpm range and will eliminate the reduced timing when torque reaches peak.
A/F Ratio: Re-mapping from idle to redline (they told me more than likely mine will not be touched since I am already running 12.8 at WOT)
Rev Limiter: Will be raised 500 rpm
Speed limiter: Removed
Drive by wire: Adjusted to allow 100% air/fuel from idle to redline under WOT

The reason that I cannot wait is because after speaking to Wolfe today, they are not committing to a date now. Jeff spoke to comp cams and they will do a custom aggressive grind on the stock cams and it will take about two weeks. So I will be doing that one if I do not get any good news from Wolfe anytime soon. I will put this info in the other thread that I started about Wolfe Cams.

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
How high are you going with your timing 5-7 degrees? or are you letting Technosquare decide for you?? I'll be sending mine in bout same time as you hopefully he will do the same to both of ours.. :p

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I am letting them decide. I got my application filled out today and I am sending a dyno in with it so they can see my current a/f ratio.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
shailey said:
I am going to send mine off the week after next. I am going to be busy next week and will not have any time to mess with my truck, so I will do it one week from monday. I was going to wait until I got the cams put in, but I cannot wait. After speaking with them today, I will have it done now and then again when the cams are put in.

Here is what will be done:

Ignition Timing Advance: This goes beyond the initial timing 2* advance. This allows higher timing in the upper rpm range for more torque in the higher rpm range and will eliminate the reduced timing when torque reaches peak.
A/F Ratio: Re-mapping from idle to redline (they told me more than likely mine will not be touched since I am already running 12.8 at WOT)
Rev Limiter: Will be raised 500 rpm
Speed limiter: Removed
Drive by wire: Adjusted to allow 100% air/fuel from idle to redline under WOT

The reason that I cannot wait is because after speaking to Wolfe today, they are not committing to a date now. Jeff spoke to comp cams and they will do a custom aggressive grind on the stock cams and it will take about two weeks. So I will be doing that one if I do not get any good news from Wolfe anytime soon. I will put this info in the other thread that I started about Wolfe Cams.
Shailey,
Do you have a ballpark price on the comp cams? I might go that route if resonable.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I did not ask Jeff and since he did not tell me, I guess they did not say. But Comp is where he had his 800 hp twin turbo vette cams done and he has an account with them, so I will have him call on monday and speak with the same engineer to see if we can get a price for custom grinds.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Let me know too please.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
shailey said:
I did not ask Jeff and since he did not tell me, I guess they did not say. But Comp is where he had his 800 hp twin turbo vette cams done and he has an account with them, so I will have him call on monday and speak with the same engineer to see if we can get a price for custom grinds.
Cool...thanks Stephen!

201 - 220 of 241 Posts