Nissan Titan Forum banner
221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
This may have been covered in previous posts, but is there a way to download this flash program?

My wife has a Passat and a VW shop just downloaded the flash program off the Internet and loaded onto the ECU.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Nope, can't do that.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Darn! Those V-dubs outsmarted us again.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Or you could look at it this way, VW is giving away a program that people gladly pay money for. LOL

But this flash is an aftermarket flash, this is not done by Nissan.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Oh, they didn't give it away. It cost me about $500 bucks. It wasn't a VW dealership - it was a VW tuner shop.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I misunderstood. The way I read it, I thought they just downloaded it for you. LOL

Back on topic now. For those that are interested in this thread, go back and read post #214 on the previous page to see what this mod has to offer and when I will be doing it.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
I'm a little curious about rasing the rev limiter on the Titan.

It is currently cammed like a truck should be and looses power @ higher RPM's even before the 5k TB closing.

Now if it were cammed like a car......say like the Hemi....this would be a good thing.

So it seems to mee that 1/4 miles times would be better keeping it where it is...or possibly lowering the rev limiter to keep the Titan more in it's power range.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
And the drive by wire modification is going to take care of the power loss in the 5000 rpm range. So it will eliminate the power loss that is currently present and pull a lot stronger from 5000 to 6000 rpm's than it does now. My truck right now does not hit peak hp until about 5000 and then starts to fall off. But torque peaks around 3400. With this mod hp will peak higher before falling off and torque will be gained after 3400.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I'm pumped!!!!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
...and if you add a s/c into the mix, it becomes a beautiful thing.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Looking forward to a dyno!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
ok i am digging up this thread again...

i cannot believe that NOBODY here nor at TT with a 2004 ecu N/A titan has gone to get this flash. OR that Technosquare has not even embraced the idea of getting one of the aleged 2004 titans they have done the flash to do a write up or show dyno results.

The only person we know of that has had this done is QSHIP on a S/C titan but no pictures, dynos, track times, nada.

PLEEEEEEASE GIMME A BREAK!!!!

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
I was going to get it but after talking to them and finding out he can't do the 4X ecu's from a 2005 I've lost all hope in modding this truck.. The ecu and tcu are too damn restrictive to get the real benefits from mods on this truck. I hope the people or should i say A$$holes who developed this truck this way rot in hell

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Toomnymods said:
I was going to get it but after talking to them and finding out he can't do the 4X ecu's from a 2005 I've lost all hope in modding this truck.. The ecu and tcu are too damn restrictive to get the real benefits from mods on this truck. I hope the people or should i say A$$holes who developed this truck this way rot in hell
Now now, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. LOL :D

I had the money for it, but they didn't have my particular code cracked yet, so I got the headers. You can rest assure that when they crack mine, Shailey's and a couple of other folks...we'll FIND $500 and will get it!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I have to get the harmonic balancer replaced before I do any dynos.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
QShip said:
I have to get the harmonic balancer replaced before I do any dynos.
Really? How come Q?

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
On another note...Kyle from Stillen told me too expect them too release there piggy back for the Titan within a month or two.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
RBsTitan said:
Really? How come Q?
I'm not quite sure what happened. I do know that the dealership is ordering a new one to install this week.

221 - 240 of 241 Posts