Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am mostly interested in obtaining the performance enhancements that the 91 octane tuning selection with Uprev produces (WOT, Advance Timing, Speed Limiter Adjustment, etc)...I seriously doubt that I will ever involve myself with advance tuning my ecu as many performance gurus complete everyday. With this being said, I am seriously thinking of sending my ecu to Uprev to receive a flash tuning.

My question is as follows: If I ever experience a dead battery or I disconnect my battery for a period of time to complete a modification, will I lose the flash tune (that I would have spent four hundred dollars on)?

I would consider paying a local shop to complete the tune utilizing Uprev, but there are currently no shops in North Carolina that I know of that can perform the task. If I have to drive out of state to have the tune completed, I have spent the same amount as someone who purchased the entire system and completed the task on his/her own.

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
why not invest in the complete software for 100 bucks more? you wont have to worry if the battery dies and u losing your tune, all u do is plug her back in and upload :) with the flash tune i doubt ull lose it if the battery dies

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to the Uprev website last night and discovered that they have lowered everything by 100.00 dollars. I guess they are now making it hard for me to not purchase the entire set (lol)....

·
Registered
28 Posts
And yet, EVERY ONE was *****ing about the the EFI Live thread, the fact someone brought it up, compared the two, the fact it's cheaper & insisted on going with EFI Live. It brought out a full on unwarranted OUTRAGE! Bringing up every crazy nonsense rebuttal like... They don't have the experience with the Titan, yet, they've been around since the '90's, the #1 domestic tuning software, used as screenshots, tutorials, explanations & even How-To's in nearly every tuning book made. Oh and the fact that it was introduced just in 2018, meant that they'd been working on it for 8 years before releasing it.

Everyone was saying, in one way or another, that he'd end up blowing up his motor... Hmmm. From the most RESPECTED ECU Tuning company? RIIIIIGHT Every UpRev owner took it WAAAAY too personally beyond being a Fanboy. It was a 20+ page onslought.

And to my point...

I was the only one who backed him up saying this was a GOOD thing. No longer a monopoly when it came to ECU Flashing.
COMPETITION is GOOD! It creates well... Competition.... Meaning enhancements, feature upgrades and best of all... COMPETITIVE PRICING!

Those were JUST a FEW points I made. Everyone got pissed about my completely reasonable rebuttles.

Shows I was right with UpRev's crazy pricing structure they were able to price at however they pleased. Yes. You all can say that you get this, & that & this & that, but compared to the competition of other non Titan ECU Tuning software, it's expensive as he'll with the full package totalling what? $80p? UpRev + the 2 other software's.

I'm not here to start a debate. I'm just here to state that you can thank EFI Live for that decrease.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts