Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just wondering if TitanBlue had managed to get anymore of those relays. If I read your post correctly you mentioned that those folks that requested 1 or 2 relays who didn't make the 1st cut would get a pm if you were able to get some more. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Uh, sorry if I confused you. Those "on a list", are going to get Relays when they come in. I do not plan on buying any more Relays. I simply don't have the time or desire to do this type of thing. I've got to upgrade my PayPal account, just to do this....

I did this order to make amends for the technical mistake I made in the first post, and wanted to get those early readers, a fair shake on an inexpensive solution. I still expect the Relays sometime in Mid May. I will contact all concerned with PP info and cost at that time.

Thank you for the interest though! :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
SO I see there are a certain number that need to be purchased in order to get you hands on this. Is anyone else planning a group buy?e

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I have sent a PM to each person on the big 3 sites, that reserved 1 or 2 relays. Cost came to be $7 and $10 to keep it easy. I have a long list of those looking for any extras, not bought. I did put out a deadline of payment due by June 15th, or it will be resold. Please, no more request, I am way beyond sold out already with the others who have made request afterwards. I will be keeping a few for myself! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 titan that is having all the symptoms of this impd going bad wich relay do I change to temporarly see if it is bad I only have 5 on my impd board? dont know which is the ecm, ecu, and fog lamp? could someone help me out! thanx

·
Registered
18 Posts
us techs have been told by Nissan techline not to replace relays, the entire IPDM has been changed, relays are burning up due to circuitry in the unit having too high of resistance, not being able to carry enough current

·
Registered
343 Posts
us techs have been told by Nissan techline not to replace relays, the entire IPDM has been changed, relays are burning up due to circuitry in the unit having too high of resistance, not being able to carry enough current
So what are you saying, is Nissan admitting that the IPDMs, especially the earlier version, are faulty? Does the new newer updated IPDM have the same problem?

·
Registered
18 Posts
newer ones do not have the problem, obviously they know there is a problem when they old part changes numbers to the new style.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Could this part failing cause my battery to drain over a couple nights? I have been trying to find a solution to my problem and read about this.
It could if one of the relays is sticking.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It could if one of the relays is sticking.
Thanks for the responce. I am not trying to high jack the thread I think its still on topic. I just had a idea that this relay could be the problem.
It realy sucks when I go out to start the truck every couple days and the battery is dead. And of course the dealer says it can't duplicate when I take it in.

Know of any way of testing this relay to see if its sticking?

·
Registered
1 Posts
DigiKey doesn't sell individually any more

I tried calling Digi Key today and they won't sell less than 50 of these things in bulk...costs as much or more as a new IPDM. However, I was able to find them at Mouser Electronics. They're back ordered until they get about 42 in around 15 Nov and 2 of them will be mine! Fingers crossed that I can wait that long. Going to try the fog light/ECU relay swap now...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Checking in from the future

Well it is now 2016 and this problem still seems to exist.

I had to replace the block in '09 in my the '06 Pathfinder, had the recall service in '11 and am now having the same problem again. It has been experiencing slightly slow starts and then went dead (wouldn't turn over - sounded like no fuel) after I parked it for 5 minutes.

After getting it towed to the mechanic, they found the fuel pump was not getting voltage until the IPDM was lifted from it's box, which apparently jarred the ECM relay(?) enough to get it working again. Can't recreate the problem but now I find the car isn't reliable. :(

Nissan won't do anything, they still don't sell the relay, there is now a new black IPDM (the old ones were white-there are at least 2 previous versions) that they sell for $402 at the dealership and you can get for $300 on-line.

The old part with the diode is obsolete and is no longer sold. The new part, Panasonic Electric Works CM1A-R-12V (part # 255-3729-ND), has a resister that supposedly does the same thing according to digi-key. I ordered 2 today.

CM1A-R-12V Panasonic Electric Works | 255-3729-ND | DigiKey

Image of the IPDM - ECM Relay is the culprit:

Warning: I am not a gear-head.....this is just what I have found out. It could all be wrong!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealership have them but their catalog system is junk.

The forum filter police wont let me post a hot link so you need to cut and paste and take the spaces out.

h t t p s ://w w w.courtesyparts.com/oem-parts/nissan-relay-284b7cw29e

$1.83

41 - 60 of 60 Posts