Nissan Titan Forum banner

Engine knock

4K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  mikep34689 
#1 ·
Hello, I posted last year about engine knock, had engine replaced at around 6500 miles. I have 28 thousand on new motor and knock started again around 25 thousand. Same noise same #7 cylinder the bore was scoped it has scoring. I had a 2018 same issue had motor replaced within 2000 miles on new motor same knock. It’s amazing that Nissan has not fixed this issue. Anyone who owns a Titan let your truck warm up keep it in drive with your foot on the brake you’ll hear the knock Driver side number 7 cylinder. Using up a quart of oil every 2 weeks. These motors are junk same problem unresolved by Nissan since 2018. Very very expensive garbage truck. And the rear differential wines 40-45 miles per hour, really loud with a load.

#2 ·
you sure it's not the direct injection you hear ?? they sound louder they a regular injector, went threw that with lexus dealer, i thought the same thing till i start listening to other vehicles with D.I. almost sounds like a diesel, with that said i believe there awesome trucks, i don't baby mine or beat on it, had two in almost 20 years , nothing but good to say... have had the others from the big 3 and i thought they were junk always working on them , sorry for your loss..

#3 ·
you sure it's not the direct injection you hear ?? they sound louder they a regular injector, went threw that with lexus dealer, i thought the same thing till i start listening to other vehicles with D.I. almost sounds like a diesel, with that said i believe there awesome trucks, i don't baby mine or beat on it, had two in almost 20 years , nothing but good to say... have had the others from the big 3 and i thought they were junk always working on them , sorry for your loss..
Thanks for the reply it’s another bad cylinder on #7, I scoped the cylinder its scored from the piston slap. I have to bring it into my dealer in the AM today for them to look at it and submit every thing to Nissan for review To see what they’re going to do. Just so disappointed spent lots of money on my truck and I have a lot of money into it.

#12 ·
you sure it's not the direct injection you hear ?? they sound louder they a regular injector, went threw that with lexus dealer, i thought the same thing till i start listening to other vehicles with D.I. almost sounds like a diesel, with that said i believe there awesome trucks, i don't baby mine or beat on it, had two in almost 20 years , nothing but good to say.

#13 ·
I guess you didn’t see the pics the cylinder is scored, I’ve been a mechanic/ engine builder for 35 years not a codes reader/ parts changer. If you think that’s direct injection noise then I’m assuming you can’t change an air filter. I’m trying not to be too direct about this but if you read my posts there’s even metallic bearing material in the oil pan. In my entire career I have never heard any injector sound like that it’s called piston slap. Nissan has had an issue with cylinder number 7 since 2019 ,and had a recall on their motors , look it up!, due to cylinder scoring from improper honing/ boring. The dealers tech has already done the same procedures I have bore scoping number 7 cylinder in my new motor and the same issues exist. If your truck sounds like mine in the recordings I posted you might want to take it in to your dealer.

#19 ·
didn’t knock when it was New differential noise started around 6 Thousand. Not a master mechanic but you must have a little ”. “ with little boy comments maybe someone should “ “ your old lady the way she needs to be. please don’t comment anymore because apparently your gay and I’m not I don’t want to date you. Get a life and maybe you should get a real job not sit at desk all day .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.