Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here, trying to help out a friend. The truck starts up as normal but when you shift out of Park the engine shuts down. I have DTC P2101 and P2119, both codes point to the Throttle actuator control motor circuit Range/Performance, Throttle actuator Control Throttle Body Range/Performance, respectably. He says he replaced the throttle body but the shop he took it to says the ECM has to be programmed. Is this correct for Nissan brands? Does anyone have a schematic so I can trouble shoot and take readings? Thank you in advance.
2009 Titan Crew Cab V8

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, maybe the problem is in the start-stop system. I also had a similar situation, and I also had no idea what happened. That is why I decided to go to the nearest car service center, and the guys working there fixed everything in a couple of minutes. Take your chances and visit a service. If your car is still on a guarantee whey will do it for free. Also, you can take a look at Engine Size of Cars: Quick Information and Analytics | Enginert. You can read more about your problem there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update---
Turns out it was the ECM had failed. After replacing the throttle body and trying the "learn" sequence the ECM would not take. Ordered a new ECM and had it flashed to the factory parameters and now all is good. I had a suspicion the ECM was shot due to all warning lights were always on even after the engine would be running after a while and temps normal.
Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts