Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
((TL:DR

Hate the exhaust configuration, what is best alternative for hp/tq.

I have 2 flowmaster "super 10" I intend to use. Unless a other muffler (or no muffler?) Would be significantly better for towing performance))

I am very frustrated with the stock layout of the Titans exhaust.

I have a 2012 sv and am trying to find the best (performance) set up.

The fact that the driver side exhaust makes a immediate 45 degree turn after the cat then into the "y" meeting up with the passenger side that goes nice and straight is infuriating!

Inside of an engine things are (hopefully) accurate within a thousandth of An inch yet the exhaust flow is SO lopsided that simply can not be what is most efficient for the engine.

I have read many reviews of exhaust set ups for a few months now and have yet to find anyone with similar frustrations.

I just simply can not shake the feeling of finding a configuration of equal length exhaust pipe to create a more "balanced" even flow.*

My thought is to either:

Squeeze in a small muffler right after the cat and point the port at a 45degree to the ground which would be pointing beneath the fuel cell on the driver side.

Or

Cross the pipes underneath the seats and 45 them out either side approximately coming out under the passenger front and driver front doors.

I know, both of these options would be loud, and exhaust fumes would be right at the cabin but, I want what is most efficient for the engine.

I tow A LOT I want the engine to be running at peak efficiency and getting the most hp/tq

After I get this settled I intend to upgrade the intake next.

What is your opinion?

TL:DR

Hate the exhaust configuration, what is best alternative for hp/tq.

I have 2 flowmaster "super 10" I intend to use. Unless a other muffler (or no muffler?) Would be significantly better for towing performance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Headers, your choice of b pipes, free flowing mufflers and a big single exhaust pipe(3in).

If on a budget and looking to just get started free flowing muffler and a big single tail pipe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts