Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just bought a 2006 4x4 SE. 165000 miles. Right exhaust manifold is making noise when cold, goes away after a minute. Do i need to fix right away? Do i need to change both manifolds or can i only do one? Also thinking about going to long headers with catalytic converters. What do you all say i should do? This truck does not have dual exhaust.

From doing some research, why does the passenger side go first? Just curious☺

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine started doing that 50k miles ago. Once it's warmed up it's relatively fine never had an issue getting a sticker once it warms up it never bothered me

·
Registered
290 Posts
I owned a 06 Le 4x4 CC since new, around 22,000 at 4-5 years I notice the same noises. The muffler was rotted out and a noise from manifolds. There were only a few options, factory style manifolds, long tube headers, or short tube. The short tubes were from JBA and are also ceramic coated, when compared to factory manifolds they looked almost the same except no heat deflector shielding or cats welded to them. Tube size and connection point at cylinder head seemed a little thicker but the tube layout seemed to be the same. The big difference was price, the headers were half the price of just one manifold. Then the installation was a huge job, I chose to have a exhaust shop do the install. The engine needed to be partially pulled, manifolds removed, cat converters two per side cut off and rewelded to the headers. At this point you have the option of running complete dual exhaust with crossover tube, run the headers into factory exhaust. What I did was to have the shop make a pipe connecting the headers after the converters large enough to handle the header tubes and to match the inlet of the new muffler. I had a Flowmaster one in and two out into dual exhaust pipes exiting just after the rear tires in factory position. The headers are still in place with no leaks, the muffler and tailpipes needed replacement last year. At that point I choose a larger Magna Flow single in and dual outlet and new tailpipes exiting same place. Exhaust headers were worth the cost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ended up just replacing everything from the heads back. I went with the JBA long tube headers and Cajun catted b-pipes. After that, any exhaust for the Titan will work, including stock. One thing to note, if you go with headers, you will likely have to re-tune your ECU because your engine can run lean enough to break things. Uprev is the major player in that arena.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts