Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ya'll.

I've done some searching, heard opinions, and think I'm close to having my mind made up in regards to the exhaust system...or maybe I haven't.

I'm looking at the Banks exhaust w/o the 5 inch tip (seems to cause noise problems) and add a 3 inch tip or just go with a Gibson cat-back exhaust system Swept or Dual Sport (knowing the difference is basically cosmetic).

Question...is it worth the extra 80-100 bucks more for me to go with the Banks system over Gibson?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
TX_Flip said:
Hello ya'll.

I've done some searching, heard opinions, and think I'm close to having my mind made up in regards to the exhaust system...or maybe I haven't.

I'm looking at the Banks exhaust w/o the 5 inch tip (seems to cause noise problems) and add a 3 inch tip or just go with a Gibson cat-back exhaust system Swept or Dual Sport (knowing the difference is basically cosmetic).

Question...is it worth the extra 80-100 bucks more for me to go with the Banks system over Gibson?
The extra money is mainly for stainless steel. Being you live in Texas I'm betting that salt covered roads are not much of an issue. :lol: I think the aluminized would be more than suficiant(sp). I am very happy with my Gibson dual sport. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
:lol: Hi this is Doc, the new guy. I really like this club by the way. I read listened studied and : ordered the Flowmaster 70 series system. on back order til first of month. having the mandel bends with no kinking will be worth the extra $. Yes it came out to $417 as was posted. Secondly, I ordered the Volant air intake system from Proficient. It too will be a couple of weeks probably. Cost $294 as I recall. I will definitely let the board know the exact gas mileage increase I get when driving normally, which may be tough to do for the first few tanks LOL. Thanks for all the help so far.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I agree, you're basically paying for the stainless. I live near the coast so things do rust out a bit quicker than inland stuff does. I also went with the Banks because it is 3" right after the resonator section (basically the entire Banks kit) and I knew I'd be running nitrous at some point so I wanted the biggest exhaust I could put on there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts