Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the approach of the end of another long winter, our newest sponsor, Top of the Line is offering us a group buy to get our Titans back into shape! This is a first of its kind buy for ClubTitan, and I know I for one will be taking advantage of it.

I have seen many discussions on many threads about what waxes and polishes guys are using. What I have found is 95% of those responding are using auto parts store off the shelf products. Top of the Line has put together a package deal for us that professional detailers, and auto show winners use to get the deepest, highest quality shine available.

The package is a 3 step process that I am sure you will find to be the most outstanding gloss/shine you have ever seen. You start with the product Hi-Temp Light Cut Swirl Remover, followed with, Klasse All In One Polish, and finish up with, Trade Secret Carnauba Wax . Here is the actual Email from Top of the Line offering us this buy.
Ok, Let's start with our Top Selling Combo http://www.topoftheline.com/ourtopsellers.html

Trade Secret Carnauba Wax 8oz
Hi-Temp Light Cut Swirl Remover 16oz
Klasse All In One Polish 16oz

Regular Price: $63.85
Group Buy Price: $51.08
(a 20% discount off already great pricing!)

Trade Secret Carnauba: http://www.topoftheline.com/toltradcarwa.htmlTop of the Line "Trade Secret" Carnauba Wax is so near perfection, it's hard to believe. Every application is flawless, even on black! Lavish amounts of Brazilian Carnauba bathe the paint in a slick, wet-look gloss. Trade Secret wipes on and off in seconds with absolutely no hazing or streaking.

Hi-Temp Light Cut: http://www.topoftheline.com/hitligcutswi.html Hi-Temp's Light Cut is the secret to a wet-look shine. High gloss is due to the perfection of the finish, not just the wax. No product will create more gloss than Light Cut! No competing product creates a more perfect paint finish for your waxes. Light Cut is unmatched by any product, at any price!

Klasse All In One http://www.topoftheline.com/klasalseal.html Klasse All-In-One is our #1 pre-polish for waxes. It contains chemical cleaners for removing oxidation, old wax build-up, road tar and insect residue. It is one of the best preparations for any type of wax, and regularly used prior to the application of our Carnauba waxes.

You can click on any of the highlighted areas in the Email to get more detailed info, or go to their site itself. If you would like in on this great Group Buy Opportunity, PM me with the following info:
Screen name:
Shipping name:
Shipping address:
Billing name:
Billing address:
Phone number:
Email address:

We will run this buy and collect names until Friday, 3/18/05.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
67 Posts
Top of the Line is indeed going to have a "group buy" offering on the Cyclo polisher in the near future. Since we have sold both the Cyclo and Porter Cable polishers for many years, I can honstly say the Cyclo is a superior machine. It is more powerful, more forgiving, more stable, and doesn't bog down under pressure. The Cyclo is under extremely rigid pricing restrictions, so an opportunity to buy one under $200 is very rare. Knowing all of this, we felt it was the more desirable choice.

·
Registered
470 Posts
These group buys are like peanuts - betcha can't eat just one.

Count me in.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TitanGuyCNY said:
These group buys are like peanuts - betcha can't eat just one.

Count me in.
Send me the pm!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm sure the Cyclo is a nice polisher, but how many people want to pay the $200 for the Cyclo? I know the Porter cable is also a nice polisher for most people and very popular...and I think we could find more people for the porter cable, becuase it is priced right. Easier to get pads and parts for porter cable also...I am not worried about my polisher bogging down under pressure becuase I let the polisher do the work....If they can do a group buy on the porter cable I am in...I just don't need a $200 dollar polisher...then once you buy all the pads you are over $200. If you do not know about the PC go look at the reviews. Maybe a vote?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree the Porter Cable is a nice machine, but we are not in a position to discount that polisher. The Cyclo will run circles around the PC in performance and job applications, and reviews from people that have used both machines will agree. The problem with forum recommendations is the people typically have not "compared" items. They have just used the one item they are recommending. If you feel the Cyclo is too pricey, then by all means choose another machine. But if you always wanted to own a polisher of this caliber, a discount may be a welcomed opportunity.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It will run about $195.00, but even with the addition of pads, it will be far less than our regular package of $265.00.

Keep in mind, our current Group Buy is for wax and polish, not the Cyclo! Patience! In fact, if you have enough patience, I can also offer for the first time EVER, a real Gold Plated, Limited Edition Cyclo Polisher!

This is the first announcement of the special edition. Yes, it's for real. The polishers will even have an attached engraved plate and will definately be one of a kind. We're hoping for availability in 3-4 weeks. Porter Cable doesn't offer anything like that! :lol:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Thanks for the group buy offer gordonwin. I am seriously considering this, just have to see how tight the purse strings are after I get paid on the 15th. We have had some unplanned medical bills to take care of lately. What would be the recommended product use schedule of the items in the kit for an average Southern Californian like me?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Start with vigurous buffing of the Light Cut on all paint and light covers (even on brand new cars) This process will make the paint and the head and tail light covers feel like glass!

Second step is a mild rubbing with the Klasse All In One, followed by an ultra light coat of the Trade Secret wax.

Re-apply the wax as often as you wish over the next 6 months. (Don't forget the head and tail light covers) Remember this wax is actually fun to use.

In 6 months start over with the initial process, only this time you lightly rub with the Light Cut. The paint flaws have already been removed with the first application. (Even new vehicles have swirls) This time you are only removing the layers of old wax, road film and environmental contaminants.

Bottom line: Perfection only takes two processes a year, with waxing for sheer pleasure, in between.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
gordonwin said:
Start with vigurous buffing...
Thanks for the quick response.

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
gordonwin said:
Start with vigurous buffing of the Light Cut on all paint and light covers (even on brand new cars) This process will make the paint and the head and tail light covers feel like glass!

Second step is a mild rubbing with the Klasse All In One, followed by an ultra light coat of the Trade Secret wax.

Re-apply the wax as often as you wish over the next 6 months. (Don't forget the head and tail light covers) Remember this wax is actually fun to use.

In 6 months start over with the initial process, only this time you lightly rub with the Light Cut. The paint flaws have already been removed with the first application. (Even new vehicles have swirls) This time you are only removing the layers of old wax, road film and environmental contaminants.

Bottom line: Perfection only takes two processes a year, with waxing for sheer pleasure, in between.
I've been out cleaning my truck today and I've got little black spots all over I can't seem to get off. If I rub my shoulders off, Mothers Carnauba Cleaner Wax will get some of it off. :sweating: I hear that clay will, but have never used it. Sooooo, will your Light Cut get that stuff off or do I need something else?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Deb, you're right on track. Any airborne pollutant that lands on a vehicle's surface is easily removed with automotive clay. It makes a tedious job easy.

Your particular specks are caused by industrial fallout. Parking near airports and factories cause a lot of contamination, as does living in large cities. Other airborne contamination can be overspray, sap or rail dust.

All of these embed in, or stick to the surface to such a degree, that rubbing them off is nearly impossible without a great deal of work. Clay is different from any other product. It is a very sticky bar which sticks-to, and pulls-off these specks as it is rubbed over the surface. Professional detailers often charge $300 or more to "clay" a vehicle with overspray.

All vehicles have some degree of contamination. If you don't believe this, place your fingers in a cigarette wrapper or thin sandwich bag and lightly rub over your vehicle. Even concours prepared finishes will exhibit these specks unless they have been recently clayed.

Products like our Light Cut are designed to remove flaws in the paint, not on the paint. It would eventually wear off the specks, but not pull them off in a single swipe. Automotive clay is truly unique in this respect

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
So, I need to clay before the light cut. Will any auto clay will work?

I was lookin at your microfiber towels last night. Which ones do you recomend for buffin the wax, light cut off? I have microfiber towels now and like the job they do, but worry about the whippedstiched edges.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Any of our microfiber towels will work, but I'm sure your towels will be fine if the stitching isn't rough to the touch on your skin. You shouldn't ever have to rub hard to remove a product. If you are, then you're applying too much of the product.

Never use a terry microfiber towel to buff fresh wax. It will take the wax right off the vehicle! Use a terry towel or cotton baby diaper for wax. Microfiber is great for glass, interiors and removing smears on paint.

Clay is used after shampooing, followed by polish and/or wax. This can be done twice a year along with the polishing. There are many excellent brands of automotive clay, but others that contain abrasives. Read labels carefully. Do not choose one that is abrasive.

·
Registered
67 Posts
By the way, Deb. You're only 2 1/2 hours from us! We're located just south of Ft. Smith, Arkansas. My husband goes to Tulsa just about every week. You'll have to come see us.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm in on the buy but I have a question. You mentioned in one of your replies that you buff the Light Cut over the light covers. Does it take the hairline scatches off the plastic covers? Does it work on glass too? I've got a road film or something all over the glass, all the way around the truck, came straight from the dealer that way. I've had it back to them twice to get cleaned but it's still there. I got it off the drivers window with some very fine steel wool but there's gotta be a better way! Any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts