Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a used 04-06 Stillen Supercharger that I just removed from my truck this afternoon. There are no problems with it, removed because its worth more without it at a dealership. The kit is 95% complete, which will lack the stillen supplied fuel pump ($80-$120), and the extra bolts that will be involved with the horn and oil cooler relocation brackets. All wiring for the plug-n-play piggy back is intact, however I suspect whomever buys might actually go the Uprev route, which would actually negate that fact of not having a fuel pump. The conversion would entail installing larger main fuel injectors, 255 walbro pump and tuning with Uprev. The conversion is actually affordable and logical, espacially when you figure Im only asking $2200. Not too bad when you figure the orignal cost was $6,500 + install. It would be best to sell locally, but I will box it up and ship at buyers expense.

The kit had been installed for roughly 37,000 miles. Installed at 14,000 and removed today at just under 51,000. Also the updated bar and plate intercooler was recently installed at around 47,000.

Also, just to note, this kit CAN be installed onto 07+ with the use of the new idler pulley brackets. They just used a different setup to accomodate the VVT timing chain covers. Of course those pieces would have to be purchased from Stillen.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump for the day!!!!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
if only it would come with bigger injectors and a fuel pump id be all over it.... good luck with sale!!!!

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
awww dont let that hold ya back.. 550cc injectors 700 bucks.. walbro 255lph pump 150.00
bam ur boosted for under 3k,lol
already have uprev..
LETS GET IT ON!!

also Pinks all out qualifying starts in june @hrp u game??

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have an 08.5 Titan, what all would I need to make this kit work for my truck?

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
awww dont let that hold ya back.. 550cc injectors 700 bucks.. walbro 255lph pump 150.00
already have uprev..
LETS GET IT ON!!

im in for some action :D i wonder what boost plus juice will yield :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
will need a new tranny haha.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im in for some action :D i wonder what boost plus juice will yield :D
You would really get to test out how effective the Transgo kit is. Their website claims it was designed for boosted applications. Hopefully Toomny will be seeing just how good the transgo kit is soon.

I punched in some #'s on UPS.com and it appears to your zip, shipping might be in the $100-$150 range. It would only let me input 1 package, and I would rather box up the heat exchanger (atleast) seperate. I would imagine it would be best to insure for $5000+ and I dont have paypal so COD may work? Any insight on paypal? All I know is that my brother in law's account was hacked into once before.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have an 08.5 Titan, what all would I need to make this kit work for my truck?
It would require in hardparts: Updated snout/intake cone and idler pulley bracket. You may need new idler pulleys but may be able to reuse current ones. Im not sure if the current "tune" in the piggy back would work with 08+, so I will check with Stillen. The piggy back is currently tuned for headers also.

KHA, just noticed you have an 07. Correct me if im wrong, but you have VVT, right? This kit would require the same swap of hardparts for you too. That is unless you are no longer using the vvt sensor, then MAYBE you can remove the stock VVT timing cover and use this kit as it is.

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
It would require in hardparts: Updated snout/intake cone and idler pulley bracket. You may need new idler pulleys but may be able to reuse current ones. Im not sure if the current "tune" in the piggy back would work with 08+, so I will check with Stillen. The piggy back is currently tuned for headers also.

KHA, just noticed you have an 07. Correct me if im wrong, but you have VVT, right? This kit would require the same swap of hardparts for you too. That is unless you are no longer using the vvt sensor, then MAYBE you can remove the stock VVT timing cover and use this kit as it is.
its for my friends 04 armada :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its for my friends 04 armada :D
Ok, it appears that the kits for the Armada/Q56 have a different part #(407565), compared to mine (407560). Everything is the same hardpart wise, so I can only guess that the piggy back is tuned differently. I will call Stillen tomorrow reagading this. Is your friend looking to use the piggy back and secondary injectors or ditch them for Uprev and larger injectors?

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
Ok, it appears that the kits for the Armada/Q56 have a different part #(407565), compared to mine (407560). Everything is the same hardpart wise, so I can only guess that the piggy back is tuned differently. I will call Stillen tomorrow reagading this. Is your friend looking to use the piggy back and secondary injectors or ditch them for Uprev and larger injectors?
use everything i have bigger injectors for him ;)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
already have uprev..
LETS GET IT ON!!

500cc injectors are too big.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The injectors you bought from Brad are 440cc, right? Does that equal about 46lbs?

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
550cc injectors gives you some wiggle room.. you never want to max out your pulse width and pulse cycle.. anything over 80% is bad.. that is the main reason i went with 750cc injectors so i WILL NOT ever have to buy larger injectors again :p those are good for 825 crank hp.. if i end up wanting more power after i build the stroker motor i can start spraying methanol..

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
The reason why so many trannys get toasted during boost tuning is related to the calculated loads.

From what I've seen, tuners are not calculating the size of the injectors based on how much TQ and HP they hope to achieve. They are simply using what they think will work. So far the results are not good.

We all know in order for these trucks to work, the ecu and tcu must be happy. The key is to keep the stock parameters or ratios. My truck bounces off the rev limiter because the ecu has been told by the MAF that more grams per second of air is going in the motor and the amount is outside of the parameters.

In order to fix that, I need to make sure the amount of fuel I add will generate the ratio or voltage the ecu and tcu expect. Otherwise, it will cut power to protect the motor.

The 46lb injectors may be too big as well. I will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Shoot, if you'd do payment arrangements I would pick this up now. If I new about this 3 weeks ago I would've bought it in full. Hit me up if you would be interested in some type of arrangments.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts