Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the LED Tailights (Version II) from Jason B and installed them last week. I have noticed something weird going on with them though...

The lights work fine and normal, until I press on the brake. When I press on the brake with the right turn signal on, the flasher suddenly starts flashing very fast. When I take my foot off the brake, it goes back to normal. This does not happen on the left (driver's) side light.

I have tried getting a hold of Jason a couple of times, but have been unsuccessful, I was just wondering if you guys had any ideas?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I have the LED Volants from Jason and no problems at all because they have the resistors built in. Yours probably don't. You need a resistor because LEDs use far less power than the stock bulbs and because of this it thinks your bulbs are burned out. If you're saying only happens on one side, get a hold of Jason.....may have a bad set and he'll replace them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sounds like there is some sort of short with the built in resistor in the light, I would keep trying to get a hold of Burtman as they should warranty the light.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
It's possible that you didn't wire things up right. It's been a while since I installed my LED tail lights and I think you had a 50% chance of getting it right the first time.

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's possible that you didn't wire things up right. It's been a while since I installed my LED tail lights and I think you had a 50% chance of getting it right the first time.
I think you are right cause when I installed mine, I checked everything out and flasher blinked fast. Switched the wire around and worked fine.

·
Registered
252 Posts
the resistors are + and -, but no markings, just 2 black wires. Try switching them around, should fix the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the resistors are + and -, but no markings, just 2 black wires. Try switching them around, should fix the problem.
Switching the wires around was the first thing I tried when I noticed the problem. Switching them changed it from a fast blink ALL the time, to a fast blink ONLY when I have my foot on the brake. I assume it is the resistor on the passenger side that is causing the issue.

The real issue is that I have been unable to get a hold of Burtman for a couple of days...I have just had no luck with it...

Thanks for the help guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts