Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - looking for some of your expert info on this tuner. It appeals to me based on the option to go between performance tuning and econ tuning according to what I read in the specs. I see plenty of posts and info on the performance gains, wondering if anyone has used the econo tuning options and have any specific information on it. I do a lot of in town driving, I wouldn't mind running with that option when I'm staring at lots of stop lights. Just wanting to make sure it's worth the investment before I throw down the cash. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I just ordered the triple dog tuner for my 2010 Titan along with the brute force intake and I already have the banks monster exhaust, along with under cover tauneua cover installed. Once I install the intake and tuner I will run a couple test, one without it, one with performance, And one with economy mode. It will Probably be a 3 week write up, but ill let you know.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Just an update I installed the tuner today on my Titan, still waiting for the intake should be in Thursday. Right now I am running the 85 Octane setting, WOT Setting On, No Timing Advance at this time, Stock Throttle. My MPG will range on how I am with the throttle, if I am getting on it I will get 11 - 12MPG if I stay off of it and drive normal no heavy accelerating I am averaging 14 - 15MPG. I notice a HUGE gain in performance within the low RPMS. As of right now I would HIGHLY recommend this tuner to anyone that is looking for one. I will probably test the 91+ Octane next week, just not looking forward to filling the tank a couple times with 91+!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I should have my bullydog gt in tomorrow. I can hardly wait to install it. Next will be a s&b cai then a catback.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I should have my bullydog gt in tomorrow. I can hardly wait to install it. Next will be a s&b cai then a catback.
Be sureties read the manual before install, real easy to do though and you'll love it!

Just another update, still running the 85+ octane tune, put 93 octane in the other day and will probably have to fill up again Thursday or Friday. Which at that point I will have the AEM intake installed and will then install the 91+ octane tune! Can not wait.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Keep us informed on the progress and i'll do the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interested

subscribed

·
Registered
422 Posts
Got the dog installed today and love it. It is really worth the money performance wise. We will see with the mpg over the next week or so. I could reallly feel the differance and left a 30yard black mark to prove it form a stand still. Cant wait to get after my buddies Tundra now. The only problem I had was the instruction book was not current with my model. The startup wizzard didnt work so I had to program it manually with tech help from bully dog, wasnt bad though. Highly recommend the GT three.:thumbsup-big:

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Got the dog installed today and love it. It is really worth the money performance wise. We will see with the mpg over the next week or so. I could reallly feel the differance and left a 30yard black mark to prove it form a stand still. Cant wait to get after my buddies Tundra now. The only problem I had was the instruction book was not current with my model. The startup wizzard didnt work so I had to program it manually with tech help from bully dog, wasnt bad though. Highly recommend the GT three.:thumbsup-big:
Glad to hear it, are you running the 91+ Octane Tune? What year Titan do you have? I have a 2010 and the startup wizzard didn't start for me either so I figured it out. Also did you do a timing advance? If so did you do +2 or -2?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Hey guys - looking for some of your expert info on this tuner. It appeals to me based on the option to go between performance tuning and econ tuning according to what I read in the specs. I see plenty of posts and info on the performance gains, wondering if anyone has used the econo tuning options and have any specific information on it. I do a lot of in town driving, I wouldn't mind running with that option when I'm staring at lots of stop lights. Just wanting to make sure it's worth the investment before I throw down the cash. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.
Sorry to take over your thread..... do you have any questions for us so far? As far as the economy tune, there really isn't much of it, I noticed with the 85+ octane tune though if im not driving it like i stole it then my MPG is +1 to +2 more, was getting 14 MPG now will get up to 16 MPG, but with this tuner you can do anything you can really think of from taking off wide open throttle, changing your rpms, throttle response, acceleration, timing and much more. I would personally recommend this tuner to anyone.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Glad to hear it, are you running the 91+ Octane Tune? What year Titan do you have? I have a 2010 and the startup wizzard didn't start for me either so I figured it out. Also did you do a timing advance? If so did you do +2 or -2?
I have a 05 crewcab 2wd. I used the 87 tune with 2* advance and performance throttle. The rest of my truck is stock other than a k&n drop in filter. I plan on a cai next and a exhaust change once I decide what muffler to get. Don't want a loud exhaust with a drone.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Is ur truck still stopin at 117mph???
I know you can change the governer for the truck, but i left mine alone. I dont plan on getting up around 117.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Is ur truck still stopin at 117mph???
Ain't no computor gonna tell me how fast I can go. I raised it to 180.....lol. No really don't plan on going much over 100 just want to get there faster I did raise it though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yea I just hate when I'm racin lil rice burners nd I hit 117 then they start slowly catching up. They never do but I'm pretty sure they will after a while.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Another update, installed the AEM Intake today and installed a new update, now running the 91 Octane tune, with WOT, Performance throttle and moved the govoner to 130's. I am now running a 14.2 in a 1/4 mile still need to shave .3 seconds off to hit 13s. My MPG is about the same again depending how I drive.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Cool! How does the cai sound? Was there that much difference in the 87 vs. 91 tune?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Cool! How does the cai sound? Was there that much difference in the 87 vs. 91 tune?
Not really much sound with the CAI unless I really get on it due to the Banks Monster Exhaust sound. I believe if I didn't have the exhaust I would be able to hear it, in regards the the 91 octane tune, CAI, and Exhaust. I am running 14.1 in a 1/4 mile according to the tuner, I am going to run the truck at the track sometime this month so we will see for sure.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well you just caused me to bite the bullet.... I bought the S&b CAI and JBA catback to go with the Bully dog. Autoanything met a ebay price for the JBA of $254..YES $254... and got the CAI for $208. They are freaking awesome.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Well you just caused me to bite the bullet.... I bought the S&b CAI and JBA catback to go with the Bully dog. Autoanything met a ebay price for the JBA of $254..YES $254... and got the CAI for $208. They are freaking awesome.
Wow! That is awesome. I love Autoanything thats where i purchased my banks exhaust and aem intake. I raced a stock 350z last night and smoked him til about 88mph thats when he finally passed me, so i believe he would of won in a 1/4 mile track but not by much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts